Savage Chassis Options

I have a short action Savage Light Weight Hunter. What are the options other than XLR and MDT 26 for a lighter weight chassis with an adjustable LOP?

grfox92

WKR
I have a short action Savage Light Weight Hunter. What are the options other than XLR and MDT 26 for a lighter weight chassis with an adjustable LOP?
If your referring to chassis that accept AR buffer tubes or have an option to fold, those are the only 2 I came across researching the same topic.

There might be 1 other company that I can't remember the name of, but I wouldn't buy a no name chassis.

Why don't you want an MDT or XLR?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
MuleyFever
If your referring to chassis that accept AR buffer tubes or have an option to fold, those are the only 2 I came across researching the same topic.

There might be 1 other company that I can't remember the name of, but I wouldn't buy a no name chassis.

Why don't you want an MDT or XLR?

Cost.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
If cost is your big concern check out eBay. I got an XLR pro envy for $500 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MuleyFever
If cost is your big concern check out eBay. I got an XLR pro envy for $500 shipped.

Thanks for the tip. I have never tried a chassis so I am hesitant to spend so much.

grfox92

WKR
This $375

Plus this $25

Plus this $47

Plus this $23

Your at $460. Some of these oarts could be had for less if you are patient.

Magpull also has a butstock that accepts different size cheek risers.

I'm not insinuating this is cheap, otherwise I would have one on my Ruger, but it doesn't have to be as expensive as some make it out to be.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the tip. I have never tried a chassis so I am hesitant to spend so much.

I shoot my AR as a trainer about 90% of the time I’m shooting. My chassis rifle has the same feel and ergonomics, just in a bolt gun instead of a gas gun. It certainly isn’t for everyone, and it’s not the lightest set up. But I find it comfortable and easy to get in to awkward shooting positions.