Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid GTX for WY Oct Pronghorn

grfox92

WKR
Update, tried on the Salomon’s, they don’t fit my foot at all.

I went with the Oboz Bridger. Feels great so far
Bridgers felt great for me but were a little tight in the toe box only on my right foot. I've been meaning to try a pair of wides, because otherwise I thougn they were a great boot.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
peleejosh

peleejosh

FNG
Bridgers felt great for me but were a little tight in the toe box only on my right foot. I've been meaning to try a pair of wides, because otherwise I thougn they were a great boot.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
The regular width felt narrow in the toe box as well, the wides have a keen like toe box. It’s great!

BKehoe05

FNG
I bought a pair of X-Ultra 4s a week ago. I had to size down as they fit bigger than most. With Merrells which I wear every day I’m a half size up and in Kennetreks in a half size up from the Merrells. Very individual fit for sure. I’ve always worn Merrells with great luck. Hiked and hunted the Bitterrroots all week with no issues. The traction was very impressive. The zero break in time was comparable to Merrells but way lighter and frankly I forgot I was wearing them most of the time. They’ll be my go to for early-mid season western hunting. In Texas I’d be able to wear them all year… and probably will.

My wife does the same work I do and wears Merrells and after trying on La Sportiva she made the switch and loved them more than the Merrells and probably will no longer wear Merrells for work as long as they handle the work load

Aviator

WKR
I’ve been using them as my walking/Hiking shoe for a long time they are super comfortable, longevity is lacking and they probably won’t keep your feet dry I wouldn’t recommend them for a hunt.