Salewa Raven Combi GTX Discontinued 👎🏻

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I ignored my own advice and didn't buy an extra pair just in case Salewa changed the boot or quit making it altogether. My rand has begun to separate from one boot and both boots are showing two years and a lot of tough miles.

If you've run these boots and liked them, what are you using now?

Or, what synthetic upper, lightweight, stiff boot do you hunt in?

Been eyeing the Scarpa Charmoz GTX as a suitable alternative.

The new version is pretty awesome. if you haven't messed with them, they are worth a look (Raven 2's)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both versions and the new Raven 2's are F-ing awesome. Check out the new update and I guarantee you will like them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I haven't gotten to lay paws on them yet, that's good to hear though. No one in AK that I'm aware of has them in stock. I called today and Barney's Sports (which sold a bunch of the Combi's) has no plans to stock the Raven 2's. I've been kicking rocks ever since the Raven Combi's went away.

I'll have to keep an eye out for Cyber Monday deals on them.

Thanks guys.

I have both versions and the new Raven 2's are F-ing awesome. Check out the new update and I guarantee you will like them

Tried on a pair of salewa crows and almost bought them they felt awesome on. Only reason I didn't buy was the uppers just seemed to not have enough structure to them. They didn't have the ravens but they seem like they have some support from pictures.

Do the ravens have good structure and more ankle support? And do you know if fit similar to the crows?

So I have the Crows too and the Ravens have more side to side stability compared to the Crows. The back material is close to the same but the side and fronts are thicker and more stiff. As you can tell I love Salewa boots and the new Ravens are my favorite.

I'm using the Salewa Rapace right now and am VERY happy with it. Great all mountain boot that offers good stability but isn't too heavy or clunky. NOT for super cold weather but great for about all other conditions. I prefer a more rigid soled boot and this one is slightly less rigid than the Scarpa Triolet (for comparison)but still rigid enough for me. I would say the foot width is pretty medium throughout so should fit a wide range a feet just fine. Definitely worth checking out.

Visually the Condor Evo is the closest thing to the Raven Combi's. I'm not positive what the difference is though.

Has anyone using Salewas had issues with the metal eyelets at the ankle and above failing? A lot of their boots look promising, but failures of the lowest metal eyelet seems to be a common theme in reviews.

Has anyone using Salewas had issues with the metal eyelets at the ankle and above failing? A lot of their boots look promising, but failures of the lowest metal eyelet seems to be a common theme in reviews.

No real issues with my eyelets, I have bent eyelets but haven't broke one yet. Have seen laces break at the lace cam lock eyelet but that's the only real field failure. They're a fairly common boot for mountain hunters up here, we bumped into another party on a recent hunt and my dad was the only one without a pair on, it was kinda funny. Apparently he didn't get the memo...

I've had no durability issues with the Rapace. I've bucked up big Douglas Firs ,Cedars, Lodgepoles wearing these as well as climbed 4th class alpine peaks and bow hunted in grassland. Good solid boot. I am still not sold on these being a better all mountain boot as my former Boreal Bulnes but these are lighter and a boot I love using.

Back