Saddle set up- new rope diameter?

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Hawk saddle, have used it as it came for a couple years now. I am looking to upgrade my ropes to smaller diameter (to fit better into the pouch I keep them in) the ropes that come with it are really thick and just to much to try to keep managed. What has anybody switched to? I dont want a rope grab so I will be using 2 prusiks, one on each line. Looking for a pliable, relaible, safe rope with a prusik or hollow block suggestion. Anybody made a switch like that? Thanks

OP
Gun&BowSD

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
9mm was my initial thought, then kind of started wandering into that 7mm territory as well though.... getting pretty thin though

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
8mm seems to be the common smaller diameter rope guys are using. When moving to a smaller diameter most are limited due to using a mechanical device and staying within spec. By using the prusik you leave your options open by only what you are comfortable with. Check out doublesteps.com for different options.

I switched from the factory tetherd 11mm to the 8mm rescue tech. It's really nice rope and packs nicely. Glad I made the switch. I also stayed with the prussic knot and use my caribeaner as a tender.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Bigboone1988

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using 8mm resc tech the past two season. Great rope and packs better than my old 11mm rope.

I use a kong duck with my ropes

Been using 8mm Resc Tech which I hang from and reppel with via a Madrock. I just switched it end over end now after 4 years of use and still good to go.

Used the 8mm Resc Tech for a tether and also Oplux with a Ropeman for years in a normal tether format prior to rappelling . All worked great.

OP
Gun&BowSD

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the input. I will look into the 8mm Resc Tech. Seems the majority is using it