Ruger Predator aftermarket stock

Jaspepp

FNG
I tried the Boyd’s at-one and was less than impressed with the plastic tab that holds the mag in and the stock’s general lack of rigidity. Sold it and switched over to the magpul. The only gripe I have about the Magpul is it’s on the heavy side of things. I would definitely recommend the magpul for your situation

OP
S

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I tried the Boyd’s at-one and was less than impressed with the plastic tab that holds the mag in and the stock’s general lack of rigidity. Sold it and switched over to the magpul. The only gripe I have about the Magpul is it’s on the heavy side of things. I would definitely recommend the magpul for your situation
Great thanks. Rigidity is what I’m hoping to improve over the stock setup

Originally when I put the Boyd's on it there was multiple shooters using it so being adjustable was the biggest thing. Now I'm the only 1 shooting it and I have a few different guns in magpul stocks and I prefer using the magpul mags over the stock Ruger mag. I really have no complaints with the Boyd's other than the weight, but the magpul is heavy too. The boyd's was plenty rigid and shot great, shot it to over 1000 yards on a regular basis. After reading the other post here maybe I just got lucky??

chefcreed

FNG
Friend put his son’s Ruger American .243 (regular model) in the Magpul and it is pretty slick. For price seems hard to beat

Indian creek designs!!! Fantastic. Arca Swiss rail the whole fore end. Solid chassis for under 500$.

4aef0838fcd8fedc9b5514c837c72c66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Up in the air. Probably bench/target for now

I buried a piece of aluminum rod in the forend with Devcon. If I had it to do over I’d use an aluminum arrow to save a little weight.
I clipped a little off the trigger spring, do you bird, decreased and relieved the trigger assembly.
After a $13 investment on my $350 rifle it’s now the second most accurate rifle I own behind my custom 20TAC which I have literally 10 times as much in.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
I buried a piece of aluminum rod in the forend with Devcon. If I had it to do over I’d use an aluminum arrow to save a little weight.
I clipped a little off the trigger spring, do you bird, decreased and relieved the trigger assembly.
After a $13 investment on my $350 rifle it’s now the second most accurate rifle I own behind my custom 20TAC which I have literally 10 times as much in.

Any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indian creek designs!!! Fantastic. Arca Swiss rail the whole fore end. Solid chassis for under 500$.

4aef0838fcd8fedc9b5514c837c72c66.jpg

What does the weight of the chassis system compare to the original factory stock? or if you have an idea of your whole setup besides the bipod, and suppressor?

What does the weight of the chassis system compare to the original factory stock? or if you have an idea of your whole setup besides the bipod, and suppressor?

I can take a weight or ya when I get home tomorrow

EcoastDG

FNG
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Magpul stock. The 6.5 predator with Magpul stock I had was a super accurate rifle, especially suppressed. I liked the ergonomics of the Magpul stock and the Magpul 7.62 mags fed reliably. I ended up selling the rifle to a friend of mine who loved shooting it more than I did. I ended up with a customized Tikka as my main hunting rifle, but I would not hesitate buying another Ruger Predator if I saw one on the used gun rack.

Any of you guys who replaced the original Tupperware stock with an aftermarket… I’ll take the original! I have an American Predator in 308. Let me know if you would get rid of your stock