Ruby's Nevada

Rizzy

WKR
I drew the 3rd rifle hunt year before last and had a great time. The access is so limited that your success heavily depends on how far you can hike in, unless of course you really know the area. The archery seasons are the best, by the 3rd rifle season its been worked over pretty good and the weather starts getting sketchy for deep solo backpack hunts. I have yet to see such a high density of deer in an area that can be consistently drawn. Make sure you are properly equipped and have good long range glass, the country is big!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I left to go on my hunt last year there were still several hundred tags left over. that is not to say that will be the case this year. Tag quotas went up through out the state, so residents didn't buy as many. If they go down this year, residents wont get their first or prime choice and will buy these near the end. Every year it seems to change to some degree, but I always put in for the tags.

bowuntr

WKR
No... they did not sell out in the second draw... in 2010 & 2011 they did and only had about 80 tags in the second draw. I hope they cut the tags back... Ed F

Gazelle

FNG
I'm not following here.... In the draw odds section of the NDOW website it shows that 142 non residents put in apps for the Archery hunt in the Ruby's and 46 tags were awarded, doesn't seem like there were any leftover tags to me.

Looks like a Resident can draw an archery tag every year though.

After 1st draw, Nev offers up resi tags leftover to non resis.

OP
L

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
Is it similar to other states when putting in a party app? One person is the leader and the other need his hunter# to put in?