Roughtech's at Sportsman's

nobody

WKR
The Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech in the tan colored stock is 200$ less than the Roughtech in the Green colored stock.
Is the color really what makes the 200 difference? What am I missing?

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/rifles/rifles/c/cat-bolt-action-rifles?q=:relevance:brand:Tikka:Cartridge:6.5+Creedmoor:Cartridge:6.5+PRC&text=#
Green one is cerakoted gray, tan one is just blued. Up to you to decide if the $200 investment in cerakote is worth it.

OP
S

Scotto

WKR
Green one is cerakoted gray, tan one is just blued. Up to you to decide if the $200 investment in cerakote is worth it.
Thanks. I thought that might be the case, but spoke to someone at a Sportsman's gun counter yesterday who told me the Green was blued. Trip to the store is in order.

grfox92

WKR
Thanks. I thought that might be the case, but spoke to someone at a Sportsman's gun counter yesterday who told me the Green was blued. Trip to the store is in order.
I would pay $200 for a factory cerakote. Unless you want a blued gun.

Cerekote jobs are 175-250 everywhere I've checked.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
S

Scotto

WKR
Agreed. I don't want a blued gun. Stainless or cerakote is the preference. The overview and spec sheet say nothing of cerakote for the green color in the 6.5's. The Veil, as an example, does state it is cerakoted.

grfox92

WKR
Agreed. I don't want a blued gun. Stainless or cerakote is the preference. The overview and spec sheet say nothing of cerakote for the green color in the 6.5's. The Veil, as an example, does state it is cerakoted.
Tikkas website is not very informative....

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

CantWait

FNG
The green one....is it cerokote over regular steel or cerokote over stainless steel? Cant find any information on the type of material used. Sportsman or Tikka website has no reference to the Green Tikka rifle. I held this rifle and cant determine if it is stainless or regular steel. Sportsman employees dont have straight answers. They just assume one or the other. Does anyone know?