Rope!!!

Poser

WKR
If you’re worried about bears and your meat, you will be packing some serious hardware in to try and keep it safe. They will figure most systems out in a flash. I came to the realization that I just get it off the ground if it’s evening, and if they get it, so be it part of the game.
Nah. 2 rope hang, get it up high, build 3:1 gear ratio with a couple of those Wiser pulleys (I used to use carabiners, but way more friction compared to the pulleys which are also lighter), get the meat 8 feet off the ground and well clear of the surrounding trees. Its definitely some engineering, but when you start getting into multi day packs outs, you know you meat is secure.

Mostly to hang meat but also wondering if we should have rope for hauling up and over small cliff or bluff should we have a kill down in a ridge or creek bottom. I just want to be prepared for all possibilities should they arise.

I will definitely have paracord in the pack, I'll add a few of those small pinch pulleys as well as suggested by @wytx.
There is always a route around a cliff that is easier than going directly over it.

Nah. 2 rope hang, get it up high, build 3:1 gear ratio with a couple of those Wiser pulleys (I used to use carabiners, but way more friction compared to the pulleys which are also lighter), get the meat 8 feet off the ground and well clear of the surrounding trees. Its definitely some engineering, but when you start getting into multi day packs outs, you know you meat is secure.
If any, and I mean any rope is holding the meat, no matter how high up, if they can get to that rope, it’s coming down. Years baiting bears, my stink baits always go missing. They are masters! They’d figure a rubix cube out if they had to.

Jaquomo

WKR
Right there with coveyleader. That said, out of the 100+ elk kills I've been in on, a certain percentage got left overnight for various reasons. I can only recall two that were disturbed by bears. Had more problems with martens dropping down and ripping-chewing the hanging game bags.

As far as rope? I carry 50' of 550 for GP and to tie off the carcass for butchering.

Poser

WKR
If any, and I mean any rope is holding the meat, no matter how high up, if they can get to that rope, it’s coming down. Years baiting bears, my stink baits always go missing. They are masters! They’d figure a rubix cube out if they had to.
Colorado bears don't have a reputation for tenacity or aggression. I've left food caches hanging for up to two weeks and had meat hanging unattended (both using very high, 2 rope hangs) for up to 3 days without bears getting it. Not saying they couldn't, but its worth a bit of extra effort to secure food/meat in away that a bear would have to go to great pains to get.

Wrench

WKR
100ft of 550 cord and a good knowledge of knots and bights will do you solid. You can use counterbalance to hoist, log winches, gin poles.....all kinds of fun stuff to make it easy.

Cordage is important.....but knowledge of how to make the best use of it is priceless.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Paracord always works well for general purposes. If you're looking for high strength and lightweight, take a look at Lawson (lawsonequipment.com). They make great products...including a 2mm high strength rope. Reflective is a bonus too. Many options there. If you're looking to hoist your animal to help with butchering, etc... there are some great, very lightweight systems out there that fit in the palm of your hand involving two small double pulley's that are used in the sailing industry.