Roosevelt statue to be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

brsnow

WKR
I think we would be at civil war already if there was a definitive geographic boundary separating the two sides. Red state/ Blue State is a misnomer it’s really urban vs rural. And if you think one side is confined to Blue State ask Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina and Neveda how politics is going for them. (Next up Texas and Florida).
The left is coming for the Cops today, tomorrow it will be the teachers, and then the medical professionals. The media elites will be last to the guillotine. Media will be cheering on and covering for the left all the way to the gallows and it’s too late. They think their “wokeness” will be their shield but it is just an alligator they feed everyday hoping it eats them last.

Who were they after during the Charlotte protests ?

Diesel

WKR
Just read this from 1984 over and over until it makes sense:

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.“

At some point there will be push back against the marxist march to end the U.S.

Of course it will only happen when the marxist's have the upper hand and our backs are against the wall. It will be too late then.

I think you know the answer. selective outrage .

Frankly, I don't really understand why we're making monuments to men anyway. There is only one man in my mind who deserves to be worshipped. And we don't even need a statue of Him to do that. It also doesn't upset me to hear someone say He never existed. I'm not that fragile. Hell, it was His design that his own body be destroyed so that it could be raised. Think about that for a minute.

I don't know about you all, but I don't travel anywhere to look at statues anyway.

Selective outrage is getting upset about things that never mattered to you until someone from "the other side" had an opinion about them.

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
The Seattle statue celebrating the founder of communism still stands tall in Seattle

No, you can't make this up

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
What you are witnessing here is the few people that either can not, or will not meet the standard for which the greater society has established. Take a close look at these people protesting and rioting day after day. MOST people are working, taking care of family or are contributing to society to make it better day in and day out. But not these people. They demand that the society standard be lowered to them, vice work hard and better yourself and those around you....and ultimately contribute to society. It's a character flaw. You will not change them. Color of skin does not matter here. It's all colors of the spectrum....usually (but not always) relates to progressives.

The statues, CHOP, and all the other crap going on is pure lashing out and tools to get national attention. Most of these idiots don't even know why they are out there or why/who the statue is or the significance of it in history.

The Seattle statue celebrating the founder of communism still stands tall in Seattle

No, you can't make this up

Yes please do read the article. Especially the part that says:

We have no connection to the statue or any way of contacting the owners. It is on private land and privately owned.

I thought private property rights and freedom of expression were core American values. What about that person's private property and freedom of expression upsets you?

TheGDog

WKR
Hrmm... this statues thing. Kinda interesting I suppose. On the one hand, you figure the statues fall under somebodies 1st Amendment right to put them up to begin with. (Long as they are not considered "obscene", which is community judged) But... there is some debatable wiggle-room when the statue is placed upon a public piece of property. Because then we're talking about a piece of property we all pay for so to speak.

I suppose what might be a good clause to add, when it comes to these statues, is maybe some clause that states if nobody formally bitches to take it down within XX number of days. That's it, it stays up forever, and would then be considered a felony to do something to it. Otherwise... if you don't, seems like you'd always be held at the whims and mercy of changing political and idealogical "opinions" in the future.

Somebody somewhere felt the image was worth remembering. Could be to honor someone based on selective achievements. Could be not all works by that person were good and noble. When you're doing big things, there's always gonna be somebody that's pissed off and doesn't like ya. That's just a given. If you rise to power, you got that power somehow, at some cost. Somewhere down the line, you and your actions wrestled it away from others who were trying to get it, and they're not gonna like ya, ever.

So do we, in the name of being "fair" and good little snowflake SJW's just say "That's It! No More! Nobody gets any statues ever again!"?? Don't think that's what they want either. Obviously they haven't thought this thru.

Okhotnik

WKR
This video from progressive hero Jimmy Kimmel will put everything into perspective. Not one word from the progressive cancel mob tearing down historical statues or Roosevelt and Grant and looting and burning down black owned inner city businesses.

brsnow

WKR
What you are witnessing here is the few people that either can not, or will not meet the standard for which the greater society has established. Take a close look at these people protesting and rioting day after day. MOST people are working, taking care of family or are contributing to society to make it better day in and day out. But not these people. They demand that the society standard be lowered to them, vice work hard and better yourself and those around you....and ultimately contribute to society. It's a character flaw. You will not change them. Color of skin does not matter here. It's all colors of the spectrum....usually (but not always) relates to progressives.

The statues, CHOP, and all the other crap going on is pure lashing out and tools to get national attention. Most of these idiots don't even know why they are out there or why/who the statue is or the significance of it in history.

You are just watching news clips. The protests themselves are filled with families from all backgrounds that are able to attend due to school and work closures. I think the confusion in here is that somehow the majority on this forum feel they are this “standard “ you referred to.

Status
Not open for further replies.