Roosevelt statue to be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCougar

WKR
People don’t know their history. Standard. Maybe if they knew TR was the first president to invite an African-American to visit the White House, Booker T Washington in 1901, and they dined together to the outrage of Southern Democrats. The national outrage was so bad, that three more decades elapsed before it happened again and it did lasting damage to TR’s ability to work with Southern politicians - they never forgave him. Amazing how you can be so far ahead of the times, but it’s never enough for today’s Culture. Hell, they are defacing Lincoln and Grant statues as well. I Quit. When does elk season start?

Last edited:
OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
People don’t know their history. Standard. Maybe if they knew TR was the first president to invite an African-American to visit the White House, Booker T Washington in 1901, and they dined together to the outrage of Southern Democrats. The national outrage was so bad, that three more decades elapsed before it happened again and it did lasting damage to TR’s ability to work with Southern politicians - they never forgave him. Amazing how you can be so far ahead of the times, but it’s never enough for today’s . Hell, they are defacing Lincoln and Grant statues as well. I Quit. When does elk season start?

Even Booker T Washington gets hammered as being “complicit.”

Read his book, Up From Slavery. It’s fairly amazing.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Are you serious? I’ll have to read that book. It’s got to be a good one. I really like reading biographies, except for the part where I feel like I live a pedestrian, underachieving existence!

You’ll feel the same way after reading this one ;-). His ideas on a post-slavery world are even today revolutionary. Brilliant guy.

ewade07

WKR
All this statue removal stuff is a joke. Too many softies out there getting their feelings hurt. Learn from the past.

I just want hunting season to start. I’m going into the woods and never coming out. I’m hoping that this stuff drives my wife to the point of acquiescing to my desire to move to Alaska. That should be far enough removed.
I was just watching the news with a co-worker and they were showing the continued rioting and talking about the "uptick" of shootings in places like Chicago, Detroit, NYC, etc. I said, Man, I sure do miss the lesser 48, they always have all the fun down there! We both got a good chuckle out of that.

FWIW - that TR statue has him mounted on a horse with an native american on one side and an African on the other trailing behind him, so the actual depiction alone presents some challenges. Also, for all the good he did, he wasn’t much for racial equality and was a fan of eugenics.

Trial153

WKR
Just for context.

c36df0a5ee80700699d4e923b16cb1e8.jpg

RyanT26

WKR
I just don’t see it.
You guys are joking about Mt Rushmore but the way this thing is going not much would surprise me.
Also can we stop applying today’s moral and societal standards to people of the past that drives me crazy.

Zak89

FNG
People don’t know their history. Standard. Maybe if they knew TR was the first president to invite an African-American to visit the White House, Booker T Washington in 1901, and they dined together to the outrage of Southern Democrats. The national outrage was so bad, that three more decades elapsed before it happened again and it did lasting damage to TR’s ability to work with Southern politicians - they never forgave him. Amazing how you can be so far ahead of the times, but it’s never enough for today’s Culture. Hell, they are defacing Lincoln and Grant statues as well. I Quit. When does elk season start?
If Lincoln and Grant are fair game, then nobody is safe.

Straight out of the Marxist revolution playbook. Most of these people probably don't even know what a Bolshevik or Maoist is. Useful idiots. Remember: the Khmer Rouge killed 25% of its population in 4 years and the leaders, during their trials, claimed they did it in the name of "social justice."

Status
Not open for further replies.