RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I will need to do that tomorrow. I had already removed the stock thinking I might ship it back later today or first thing tomorrow morning. I did tinker with it and watched the lug (which is stamped UM), but I could not seem to get it to move in any way that made a difference. I will give it another try.
I have 4 Tikkas in Rokstoks now. They all land like this when fully seated down and torqued in at 65” lbs.

IMG_8900.jpeg

IMG_8899.jpeg

IMG_8898.jpeg

Dobermann

WKR
Here are some pictures of my RokStok. I really like the look, but alas I'm sending it back for them to fix the Spartan rail.

With the Can Chaps:
View attachment 763693

With the UM Jimmy:
View attachment 763694

Does this look like it's seated properly?
View attachment 763695

The barrel appears, to me, to not be centered. I'm assuming this doesn't matter. But I can get more cats down one side than the other.

View attachment 763696
The logo is on one side and just black, so it's not too aggressive. This is a 14.5" LOP. I didn't get a picture of the new UM bolt handle and knob. I also haven't swapped out the 6x for the new Maven.
View attachment 763697
What are your thoughts on the Can Chaps?

After years of testing various scope covers, I'm not sure I've found one I like yet. Aware there's more to try, but it's getting expensive.

I think my main issue is that many covers with spiral-wrapped cord end up pulling the cover sideways/twisting it up, and ones with metal tabs can get hot.

Thoughts?

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU

After years of testing various scope covers, I'm not sure I've found one I like yet. Aware there's more to try, but it's getting expensive.

I think my main issue is that many covers with spiral-wrapped cord end up pulling the cover sideways/twisting it up, and ones with metal tabs can get hot.

Thoughts?
Liberty and BurnProof are the only good ones I’ve found, and boy are they proud of them.

-J

Thoughts?
I’ve got several CanChaps now. I like them a lot. They have never moved, not once, ever since putting them on. They do a great job of keeping mirage down and they’re made to your exact can measurements.

Here are some pictures of my RokStok. I really like the look, but alas I'm sending it back for them to fix the Spartan rail.

With the Can Chaps:
View attachment 763693

With the UM Jimmy:
View attachment 763694

Does this look like it's seated properly?
View attachment 763695

The barrel appears, to me, to not be centered. I'm assuming this doesn't matter. But I can get more cats down one side than the other.

View attachment 763696
The logo is on one side and just black, so it's not too aggressive. This is a 14.5" LOP. I didn't get a picture of the new UM bolt handle and knob. I also haven't swapped out the 6x for the new Maven.
View attachment 763697
Now THAT is a @mxgsfmdpx rifle! Haha

Looks good, I’m a big fan of the CanChaps also.

fwafwow

WKR

Thoughts?
I like the Can Chaps for the reason @JollyRoger mentioned. It doesn’t move at all.

Looks sweet! Bummer about the Spartan screw. Seems to be a QC issue since there’s been a few sent out without it including one of mine.

Take a pic from the bolt side. The bottom of the ejection port should be flush with the stock all the way front to back when fully seated.
The bottom of the ejection port being flush with the stock is only true for the t3x I believe. The older t3 has a smaller ejection port.

fwafwow

WKR
@fwafwow

+1 for it doesn't look seated. My guess is if you can seat it that will help with the centering. Agree that the paint looks good though.
I tried several times using the instructions @mxgsfmdpx posted. I could definitely tell when the lug was seated, but the action still had a slight cant near the ejection port, and the action seemed too far back (see the bolt handle opening below). I went back and forth with the OEM and RS. I could do the former, but not the latter.

I still expect it’s a user error issue. Another member has graciously offered to walk me thru it via FaceTime. When he inevitably points out my mistake, I will humbly report back. EDIT - humble pie post below. Total user error.

IMG_2177.jpeg

Last edited:
I tried several times using the instructions @mxgsfmdpx posted. I could definitely tell when the lug was seated, but the action still had View attachment 763847a slight cant near the ejection port, and the action seemed too far back (see the bolt handle opening below). I went back and forth with the OEM and RS. I could do the former, but not the latter.

I still expect it’s a user error issue. Another member has graciously offered to walk me thru it via FaceTime. When he inevitably points out my mistake, I will humbly report back.

View attachment 763845View attachment 763846
What recoil lug did yours come with?

Firth

FNG
I tried several times using the instructions @mxgsfmdpx posted. I could definitely tell when the lug was seated, but the action still had View attachment 763847a slight cant near the ejection port, and the action seemed too far back (see the bolt handle opening below). I went back and forth with the OEM and RS. I could do the former, but not the latter.

I still expect it’s a user error issue. Another member has graciously offered to walk me thru it via FaceTime. When he inevitably points out my mistake, I will humbly report back.

View attachment 763845View attachment 763846

Bummer.

Might be seated, but it doesn't look right. This is one of those situations where you hope you're the problem because it's easier than the alternative.

I’m just coming in here to say that I fondled @Formidilosus wood Rokstok this evening in a back alley in the sketchy part of Anchorage.. and the only thing I can say is the smell of that gun is heavenly 😍.

The combination of the Maple, Leather and Forms beard oil was intoxicating.

The gun play was cut slightly short as @PNWGATOR, who was on lookout, started to notice we were starting to gather unwanted attention. It may have been @mxgsfmdpx flagging the waitresses of the local diner as he was cycling the smoothest CRF action he’d ever felt, but regardless, the time spent with the artisanal wood stock was not long enough.

atmat

WKR
I’m just coming in here to say that I fondled @Formidilosus wood Rokstok this evening in a back alley in the sketchy part of Anchorage.. and the only thing I can say is the smell of that gun is heavenly 😍.

The combination of the Maple, Leather and Forms beard oil was intoxicating.

The gun play was cut slightly short as @PNWGATOR, who was on lookout, started to notice we were starting to gather unwanted attention. It may have been @mxgsfmdpx flagging the waitresses of the local diner as he was cycling the smoothest CRF action he’d ever felt, but regardless, the time spent with the artisanal wood stock was not long enough.
Oh, cool. We’re writing fanfic now.