RokStok

SouthPaw

WKR
I don’t blame you. It’s tough sitting on lost money that long — especially now that most of us are quickly approaching our 2024 hunts.

I’m committed to waiting it out, but I get why someone wouldn’t.
I'm in the same boat. Committed but antsy. Would love to see it show up in the next four weeks so I could have it for fall hunting, but at this point I'm just expecting to hunt the heavy Bravo again. I think I ordered within 10 minutes of the pre sale going live. I've been waiting patiently to shoot the piss out of one. The day will come.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat. Committed but antsy. Would love to see it show up in the next four weeks so I could have it for fall hunting, but at this point I'm just expecting to hunt the heavy Bravo again. I think I ordered within 10 minutes of the pre sale going live. I've been waiting patiently to shoot the piss out of one. The day will come.
Based on the inventory count at the time (not sure how many days) I think I was one of first 3 to order LE Green, whenever the presale actually went live, before it was announced anywhere (yes ha im a nerd)… but, I’m a weirdo and asked for a CTR inlet on that one so figured it would take a bit longer anyways, unique inlet process setup and all.

I really don’t care, but I like prizes, does asking for CTR inlet count as ‘my fault’? ;-)

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Talked to Jessica at UM and the sales team about the chipping carbon on my Rokstock. Great as always and getting it straightened out right away. Only thing that sucks is not going to have one for little bit but it’s worth the wait I think

Timjohnson11

Lil-Rokslider
to save me the pain of reading potentially 321 pages of posts, has anyone had any success dropping a Havak PH2 in the model 700 footprint yet? or tried?

Talked to Jessica at UM and the sales team about the chipping carbon on my Rokstock. Great as always and getting it straightened out right away. Only thing that sucks is not going to have one for little bit but it’s worth the wait I think
I’ve got a chip in the base of the grip also… need to see if it’s actual carbon or just the cerakote. Good to know they are getting you taken care of!

TX_Diver

WKR
@Formidilosus or @mxgsfmdpx would playing with LOP potentially be a solution to the muzzle jumping left?

Seems like if I'm putting too much facial pressure on there then my face is likely too high on the stock? So shortening the LOP and getting my face further forward & lower so I'm not putting as much pressure on there might help?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus or @mxgsfmdpx would playing with LOP potentially be a solution to the muzzle jumping left?

Seems like if I'm putting too much facial pressure on there then my face is likely too high on the stock? So shortening the LOP and getting my face further forward & lower so I'm not putting as much pressure on there might help?

It’s possible. How tall are you? Can you take a picture from the side with you prone and aiming the rifle? Top down from the back would be good as well.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Wouldn’t hurt to try. Grab some stiffer foam and mock up a 1” spacer and see how that goes.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It’s possible. How tall are you? Can you take a picture from the side with you prone and aiming the rifle? Top down from the back would be good as well.
Would like to see this as well. I’ve seen folks put way too much cheek and face onto the stock. Almost using that “weld” as part of the stabilization of the gun. This is a no no. @TX_Diver You may not notice it until you’re actually shooting on target. I’ve had folks build an excellent general position only to have them mess it up right before trigger pull.

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m at the point where even if I get the stocks in the next two months - I’m not sure I’ll hunt with them this season. I’ve got a few rifle hunts lined up in late October and late November and there’s just not a lot of time left.

I like to have my stuff set up and shook out well in advance of any hunting- unless we are talking southeastern white tail where shots are 70 yards and under. But even then, getting to the range to check zero and practice with a new set up is going to be tough to do with archery season kicking off.

Unless of course both stocks show up this week before I head to the range next week for a few days of practice

ljalberta

WKR
I’m at the point where even if I get the stocks in the next two months - I’m not sure I’ll hunt with them this season. I’ve got a few rifle hunts lined up in late October and late November and there’s just not a lot of time left.

I like to have my stuff set up and shook out well in advance of any hunting- unless we are talking southeastern white tail where shots are 70 yards and under. But even then, getting to the range to check zero and practice with a new set up is going to be tough to do with archery season kicking off.

Unless of course both stocks show up this week before I head to the range next week for a few days of practice
Not sure I understand. If the rifle is doped in the current action, the ballistics will stay the same.

Swap stocks. Check/adjust zero (shoot a group). Then you’re in business.

*Edit* Nevermind. I misread. I see you might not make it to the range to check zero.

Dobermann

WKR
@Unknown Munitions - with some folks posting here that they've recently ordered, just checking how this works with those of us overseas who were told we needed to wait until the US backorders were caught up?

Will we be getting confirmation soon that we can order, or will new US orders be added to the backordered list? Just trying to get an idea of when our slots might open ...

lintond

WKR
…we have all experienced and seen variations with the MT lugs.

I find it ironic that MT called out Tikka for some debatable QC items yet has had a raft of their own issues. Milling a lug to tolerance has to be low on the difficulty scale of gun parts.

Thanks Jake for your transparency and taking care of us needy Roksliders. We all need our fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk