RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I can’t get it to seat and can’t get the lug out even with vice grips.
It almost feels like the stock inlet itself is keeping it from dropping in. I can’t feel it catch on the lug even without the bottom plastic. Can I sand the front of the inlet a bit without hurting anything?
Bummer! I'd give UM a call in the morning and see what they recommend. I'll PM you now as well.

The build showed up today so pretty itchy to get forming cases to do load dev. 6.5 SAUM improved +p, BAT Vesper SA, UM bottom metal, 22” spiral Ace, arca in the back pic/spartan up front and flush cups, trigger tech special straight. I usually rattle can but the ceracote turned out legit.
Snazzy!

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I see that your scope bases are as far forward as they can go, and your scope is nearly pushed all the way forward. Seems like you will land quite a ways forward from mine and the other two guns posted here with rough lines drawn on ocular end landing spot.

While this is user subjective, I'd hate for you to be too far forward on the stock, this will cause issues. l know you mentioned you feel like it needs to be even further forward, but I couldn't see how this would work. The bolt is going to potentially hit your nose when fast cycling between shots and staying in the scope I would think.

I wouldn't' think it's your eyesight based on other scopes not causing the issue with the same setup.

I'd suggest mounting it up to where your ocular end lands roughly where photos from Antares and I posted. Take it down from 15x to 6X and move to a natural prone body position/head position and give it a check.

That’s more or less where I started and spent the last couple hundred rounds w the setup, I rarely shoot at 15x, but want to be able to use it. Going to try it all the way forward for a while, just ran 10 through fast and maintained a 0.70” group. It’s less head adjustment, but I can still see the adjustment happening on video.

I remember the question being asked, but don’t recall it being answered, but the rokstok works great with a kifaru gun bearer, the stock shape comes out with zero effort whether you pack your rifle upside down (how I do) or right side up

I knew it would, but do remember at some point in the thread there was some question or concern about that

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I remember the question being asked, but don’t recall it being answered, but the rokstok works great with a kifaru gun bearer, the stock shape comes out with zero effort whether you pack your rifle upside down (how I do) or right side up

I knew it would, but do remember at some point in the thread there was some question or concern about that

I mostly concur. I’ve moved the Kifaru gun bearer back to where the water bottle attaches on the EXO K4 and the upper attachment to the pack frame. The grippyness of the stock finish hangs up a little in mine r/t the angle, so I have to sweep slightly to the rear w my right hand.

I mostly concur. I’ve moved the Kifaru gun bearer back to where the water bottle attaches on the EXO K4 and the upper attachment to the pack frame. The grippyness of the stock finish hangs up a little in mine r/t the angle, so I have to sweep slightly to the rear w my right hand.
Copy, I also have the lower attached to the Nalgene holder molle, but my upper is on my shoulder strap, so the forend is in front of me and trying to fall forward

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Having an issue with getting a Rokstok/Maven 1.2/UM low combo setup. I constantly feel the need to pull my face back on the stock about 1/2" from where I feel most locked in/neutral to the rifle in order to get a full sight picture through the scope. No issue with the other rifle Rokstok/SWFA 3-9/Sportsmatch TO84. Raising my check off the stock from neutral position doesn't seem to fix the issue, so I don't think it is a ring height issue, but could be wrong. Did not have any issues with the SWFA 5-20/Sportsmatch HT073 high rings on the same stock. Can't adjust the rings and/or the Maven any further forward, which seems odd that it would need to go that far forward to see through.

I'm guessing I need to spring for LOP inserts, but since that is not currently a DIY proposition I want to make sure I'm not missing something. I've tried 2 different Mavens, same issue.

It’s LOP homie. The way the ROKStok interacts with the shooter, it is generally functionally anywhere from 1/2” to 1” shorter in feel than normal stocks. Lots of woman and children that need a 12.5” LOP in every other stock prefer or have zero issues with the RokStok at 13.5”. Adult males that are good at 13.5” on other stocks, prefer a 14 or 14.5” LOP on the RokStok.

Either a thicker pad, or get the spacers.

Grizzle

FNG
Hey @Formidilosus I was instructed by UM to order med height tikka rings for the rokstock rs1.2 combo. Sounds like on here a lot if guys are using lows. Still waiting on stock would you suggest waiting and trying the med I have or would you suggest I order lows while I wait?

ChrisAU

WKR
@Bluumoon Nearly all shooters who have shot/tried my RokStok and Maven RS1.2 had no complaints with the ocular end landing basically here...

View attachment 749924

2 or 3 out of the 30 or so folks who have tried it mentioned they would prefer medium rings instead of lows. 2 tall/lanky dudes (both over 6'3") also mentioned that they would add 1" or more in spacers. Nothing prevented any of them from running the gun well enough to hit targets shooting off a backpack.

You should be fine if your ocular end lands somewhere within 1ish" or so of the lines drawn. At least, that's what I've seen in 30ish faces trying the stock.

Here's one of Forms photos with Maven RS1.2 and RokStok as well. Notice on this gun it's roughly 1/4" further back from mine.

View attachment 749925

Do you mind posting up a photo of where your ocular end currently lands?

A note, I think whatever cap he’s using may be throwing that difference off. Mounting an RS1.2 tonight and thought to look back at this post for a starting point, both of your magnification identification number dials are roughly mid bolt shroud.

atmat

WKR
Hey @Formidilosus I was instructed by UM to order med height tikka rings for the rokstock rs1.2 combo. Sounds like on here a lot if guys are using lows. Still waiting on stock would you suggest waiting and trying the med I have or would you suggest I order lows while I wait?
Order both and return what doesn’t work

Grizzle

FNG
Order both and return what doesn’t work
Thanks probably should have but already have the meds and being in Canada I'm trying to not do more shipping than possible. I'll try them since I have them just thought if there was a consensus that lows were the way I'd order them now. I'm waiting on my stock orderd January and have a rs1.2 hopefully most of the way through customs so getting ancy and wanting to get shooting soon as possible

fwafwow

WKR
I’d listen to them. I have highs. They work. I’m sure meds work too.
Anyone have the Rokstok with a SWFA, and if so, what height rings? I currently have low on with a 6x. Per @atmat I could add on a higher set to my order (which is starting to add up / I already have the Jimmy, knob and bolt handle to come when the stock arrives).

DB29

Lil-Rokslider

I have an RS1.2 on a stock Tikka with low UM rings. The chart on their website recommends lows and when I bought them in store at UM they confirmed.

I can see the top of my suppressor in the scope at low power and wonder if mediums would fix that.