RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Are these UM recoil lugs that are shipping with the Rokstock?

I kind of assumed MT since that’s what Stocky’s used.
My first RokStok came with a silver MT lug, same as all my Stockys VG2 stocks.

My second RokStok came with a black lug, unlabeled.

I was able to get multiple guns seated with factory, black unlabeled, and MT silver. I have not tried the MT Black that was pictured here.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Having an issue with getting a Rokstok/Maven 1.2/UM low combo setup. I constantly feel the need to pull my face back on the stock about 1/2" from where I feel most locked in/neutral to the rifle in order to get a full sight picture through the scope. No issue with the other rifle Rokstok/SWFA 3-9/Sportsmatch TO84. Raising my check off the stock from neutral position doesn't seem to fix the issue, so I don't think it is a ring height issue, but could be wrong. Did not have any issues with the SWFA 5-20/Sportsmatch HT073 high rings on the same stock. Can't adjust the rings and/or the Maven any further forward, which seems odd that it would need to go that far forward to see through.

I'm guessing I need to spring for LOP inserts, but since that is not currently a DIY proposition I want to make sure I'm not missing something. I've tried 2 different Mavens, same issue.

Mike250

FNG
Classified Approved
In this case its something that also helps protect the body of the suppressor/end of your barrel. And can be used over and over and over again, without keeping up with a roll of tape. I've done that as well. Just a more streamlined product that is cheap, not much more expensive than a few rolls of electric tape.
Muzzle breaks and suppressors.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Having an issue with getting a Rokstok/Maven 1.2/UM low combo setup. I constantly feel the need to pull my face back on the stock about 1/2" from where I feel most locked in/neutral to the rifle in order to get a full sight picture through the scope. No issue with the other rifle Rokstok/SWFA 3-9/Sportsmatch TO84. Raising my check off the stock from neutral position doesn't seem to fix the issue, so I don't think it is a ring height issue, but could be wrong. Did not have any issues with the SWFA 5-20/Sportsmatch HT073 high rings on the same stock. Can't adjust the rings and/or the Maven any further forward, which seems odd that it would need to go that far forward to see through.

I'm guessing I need to spring for LOP inserts, but since that is not currently a DIY proposition I want to make sure I'm not missing something. I've tried 2 different Mavens, same issue.
Yo.

So I just shouldered 5 Tikkas with RS1.2's and UM Tikka low rings. 2 in RokStoks and 3 in Stockys VG2's.

With the scope on 6X I slid my face all the way up and down the stocks. I'm not seeing any issues at all with eye relief unless I slide my head to a completely unrealistic shooting position.

I also have my scope pretty far forward, using the forward most recoil pin up front and the second furthest forward in the rear positions. How far twisted out is your reticle focus knob? This can go pretty far out on these scopes, close to a full 1/2". Mine has maybe a 1/16" twisted out.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
@Bluumoon Nearly all shooters who have shot/tried my RokStok and Maven RS1.2 had no complaints with the ocular end landing basically here...

rok4.JPG

2 or 3 out of the 30 or so folks who have tried it mentioned they would prefer medium rings instead of lows. 2 tall/lanky dudes (both over 6'3") also mentioned that they would add 1" or more in spacers. Nothing prevented any of them from running the gun well enough to hit targets shooting off a backpack.

You should be fine if your ocular end lands somewhere within 1ish" or so of the lines drawn. At least, that's what I've seen in 30ish faces trying the stock.

Here's one of Forms photos with Maven RS1.2 and RokStok as well. Notice on this gun it's roughly 1/4" further back from mine.

rok3.JPG

Do you mind posting up a photo of where your ocular end currently lands?

Last edited:

It's not just you, I had the same issue. Naturally my eye wou be a little low in the scope which would result in inconsistent head positioning as I tried to compensate. This is with to84s and the maven so it's clearly a me issue as I don't think you can go lower. I added an inch in-between my shoulder and the butt pad from my wife's sandal when dry firing and it felt a lot better as my head sits a little further back on the negative comb so a little higher and my eye lined up better My friend got his 14.5 lop rokstock and I screwed my barrled action scope into it and confirmed that it was perfect so I just sent mine back to UM and they are going to add spacers to make it 14.5. there's a butt pad they prefer to epoxy. My next one will be 14.5 though

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
@Bluumoon Nearly all shooters who have shot/tried my RokStok and Maven RS1.2 had no complaints with the ocular end landing basically here...

View attachment 749924

2 or 3 out of the 30 or so folks who have tried it mentioned they would prefer medium rings instead of lows. 2 tall/lanky dudes (both over 6'3") also mentioned that they would add 1" or more in spacers. Nothing prevented any of them from running the gun well enough to hit targets shooting off a backpack.

You should be fine if your ocular end lands somewhere within 1ish" or so of the lines drawn. At least, that's what I've seen in 30ish faces trying the stock.

Here's one of Forms photos with Maven RS1.2 and RokStok as well. Notice on this gun it's roughly 1/4" further back from mine.

View attachment 749925

Thanks for the response, I actually ran back through the thread seeing where everyone

View attachment 749924

View attachment 749925

Thanks for the responses, I actually went back through and looked at your and others combos on the thread.

Have been trying to upload photos, having issues for some reason.

Quite possible I’ve found a new way to screw up my positioning, that or I’m way over due to get my eyes checked, I am hitting the age where I have to hold things out a little to see them. I’m the near description of an average American guy in build.

Still shoot well with the combo, just have to adjust my head every time I shoulder the rifle. Annoying.

I like the reticle too much to give up on the scope.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 137

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Thanks for the response, I actually ran back through the thread seeing where everyone

Thanks for the responses, I actually went back through and looked at your and others combos on the thread.

Have been trying to upload photos, having issues for some reason.

Quite possible I’ve found a new way to screw up my positioning, that or I’m way over due to get my eyes checked, I am hitting the age where I have to hold things out a little to see them. I’m the near description of an average American guy in build.

Still shoot well with the combo, just have to adjust my head every time I shoulder the rifle. Annoying.

I like the reticle too much to give up on the scope.
I see that your scope bases are as far forward as they can go, and your scope is nearly pushed all the way forward. Seems like you will land quite a ways forward from mine and the other two guns posted here with rough lines drawn on ocular end landing spot.

While this is user subjective, I'd hate for you to be too far forward on the stock, this will cause issues. l know you mentioned you feel like it needs to be even further forward, but I couldn't see how this would work. The bolt is going to potentially hit your nose when fast cycling between shots and staying in the scope I would think.

I wouldn't' think it's your eyesight based on other scopes not causing the issue with the same setup.

I'd suggest mounting it up to where your ocular end lands roughly where photos from Antares and I posted. Take it down from 15x to 6X and move to a natural prone body position/head position and give it a check.

J_VD

FNG
The build showed up today so pretty itchy to get forming cases to do load dev. 6.5 SAUM improved +p, BAT Vesper SA, UM bottom metal, 22” spiral Ace, arca in the back pic/spartan up front and flush cups, trigger tech special straight. I usually rattle can but the ceracote turned out legit.

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    854.8 KB · Views: 213

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
The build showed up today so pretty itchy to get forming cases to do load dev. 6.5 SAUM improved +p, BAT Vesper SA, UM bottom metal, 22” spiral Ace, arca in the back pic/spartan up front and flush cups, trigger tech special straight. I usually rattle can but the ceracote turned out legit.

Nice rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J_VD

FNG
Thanks. Yeah I like the vias but don’t really like exact copies so I let em play. I gave them color shades I think I like, but being some sort of color blind I let them choose basically. Pretty happy how it turned out. I hope the elk like it as much this fall

TX_Diver

WKR
Well folks, got an update on my new stock that just arrived today (not sure if it's the order number or serial number written on the inside of it but it's number 181866). @Stockys @Unknown Munitions @Ryan Avery

Inletting is perfect and recoil lug height matches a factory Tikka lug sitting next to me. It's a coated or painted black lug this time, looks more like a factory Tikka, different from the silver mountain tactical one that came in my first RokStok.

Zero issues getting it to fully seat using a brand spanking new, stainless, cerakoted, Tikka action and barrel.

View attachment 747982

For folks having recoil lug/action seating issues...

It is a VERY tight inlet which is a good thing, but this can make for getting the action to sit on the lug a bit trickier.

.You'll want to turn the stock upside down in your lap and go ahead and tap in your bottom metal or bottom plastic.
.Tap the bottom metal as far towards the front of the stock as it can, this gives you the most possible room to pull the action forward.
.Having a scope already mounted helps as it gives you a nice handle.
.Slide the barreled action into the top pushing it as far forward as you can (to where the trigger doesn't let you push it any further forward.
.This should land you properly over the lug, or just SLIGHTLY needing to slide the action towards the back, you'll feel the action slot "snap" into the lug.
.Pinch the stock and action together with your left hand so it won't move.
.You should have paint pen on your action screws ready to go in.
.Start with the rear longer screw, and torque it down just enough to where you start feeling it "pull up" on the barrel. Again, using your left hand keep tension on it to hold in place.
.Once you feel the barrel start to slightly pull up, you need to switch the front screw, maintain your left hand pressure.
.Start your front screw now and pull down/forward on the barrel hard, by pinching the stock and barrel together with your left hand. Go ahead and run the front screw in to 45-65" lbs ( I use 65" lbs). Keep squeezing as you tighten, you'll feel it pull into the lug properly.
.Move your pinch pressure to the middle of the action or scope and torque the rear screw to the same torque.

When fully seated properly, it will "cut off" part of the Tikka T3X and serial number on the gun just slightly. If yours is still high, remove the action screws and try again with more forward and downward pressure as you tighten the action screws. See 2 different RokStok fully seated photos below...

Grip for forward/down pressure while tightening action screws:

View attachment 747975

Pinch/Pull HARD as your tightening, don't be afraid!

View attachment 747976

When fully seated you gun serial number on any standard T3X should be partially cut off like these two RokStoks...

View attachment 747977

View attachment 747978
I can’t get it to seat and can’t get the lug out even with vice grips.
It almost feels like the stock inlet itself is keeping it from dropping in. I can’t feel it catch on the lug even without the bottom plastic. Can I sand the front of the inlet a bit without hurting anything?