RokStok

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Looks like that isn’t going to possible with his stock. It’s the one that arrived unseated and too high to bolt up the action.
I see. If the recess isn't milled out deep enough you definitely aren't going to be able to force the recoil lug deeper with a hammer. I recall when stockys was on the shoot2hunt podcast they said the material used for the inlet area has a much higher strength than aluminum when it comes to crush force.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ideally the inlet issue gets sorted but it seems like in the meantime it'd be wise to take a couple measurements of the lug height, inlet depth, action cut and determine if there is interference before seating the lug. Running the bottom of the recoil lug (the part you'll put into the stock) over an angle grinder/dremel/metal file a tad to surface off some height if needed seems the fastest solution without paying to ship the stock back or such. Just a thought.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Ideally the inlet issue gets sorted but it seems like in the meantime it'd be wise to take a couple measurements of the lug height, inlet depth, action cut and determine if there is interference before seating the lug. Running the bottom of the recoil lug (the part you'll put into the stock) over an angle grinder/dremel/metal file a tad to surface off some height if needed seems the fastest solution without paying to ship the stock back or such. Just a thought.
I just dropped the factory lug in mine, quite a few weeks ago as the Mt. Tactical lug was a little taller and the front appeared ever so slightly floating (the inlet fill at the tang had become slightly smoother in appearance with use, but not at the front of the action) combined with not great accuracy.

The accuracy turned out to be bullet related though. So I'm not sure the lug hight was actually causing issues.

Why would the consumer have to pay to ship back a faulty product?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Why would the consumer have to pay to ship back a faulty product?
Some companies offer shipping labels, some don't, dunno.

Mainly was saying if it was me and obvious that just a little had to come off an aftermarket recoil lug to match stock height I'd just hit it quick with a grinder/file cause I have those tools and wouldn't want to waste more time/energy on trying to coordinate a return and communication. IF it was just a few hundredths issue. IDEALLY it becomes a non-issue in the future, I'm just saying how I'd be inclined to tackle it.

Some companies offer shipping labels, some don't, dunno.

Mainly was saying if it was me and obvious that just a little had to come off an aftermarket recoil lug to match stock height I'd just hit it quick with a grinder/file cause I have those tools and wouldn't want to waste more time/energy on trying to coordinate a return and communication. IF it was just a few hundredths issue. IDEALLY it becomes a non-issue in the future, I'm just saying how I'd be inclined to tackle it.
Totally agree with just fixing it when it’s that simple even though a guy shouldn’t have to. I didn’t understand why the consumer would have to pay to send back a faulty product.

Faulty is probably the wrong word. The product description I read says nothing about having to possibly bed, grind, file, shim, etc to get your action to fit properly and feed properly.

If this is the expected finished product, adding a line to the description mentioning you might have to modify the stock/bed it, modify the lug, or order shims should be added.

If it’s not intended to have to modify, bed, order shims, etc then there is a lack of QC.

Harvey_NW

WKR
FWIW, this isn't a Stocky's/Rokstock exclusive issue, probably just comes with the tolerances of the floating recoil lug and bottom assembly/pillar dimensions. Last week I bedded my action into an AG and noticed the sound of it cracking out of the bed when I broke the (finger snug) action screws loose. Luckily the AG slot was sloppy as hell so the MT lug came out easily. Best I could measure the lug was about .010-12" too proud, so I hit it with a grinder and filed it flat and square removing about .018" of material. Problem solved.

Bingo. It's unfortunate the lugs are seated so tightly in the stocks though, that obviously makes it a lot more difficult to deal with.

Man you guys are a bunch of crybabies, if the lug area was a little sloppy you would be bitching about that too. Your buying a “mass” produced item, unless your carbon is delaminating just go shoot the damn thing.

I’ll get off my soapbox now and just wait patiently for more info on the wood option.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Faulty is probably the wrong word. The product description I read says nothing about having to possibly bed, grind, file, shim, etc to get your action to fit properly and feed properly.

If this is the expected finished product, adding a line to the description mentioning you might have to modify the stock/bed it, modify the lug, or order shims should be added.

If it’s not intended to have to modify, bed, order shims, etc then there is a lack of QC.
Totally agree on the QC and it has been addressed, Jake will add to this later.

Man you guys are a bunch of crybabies, if the lug area was a little sloppy you would be bitching about that too. Your buying a “mass” produced item, unless your carbon is delaminating just go shoot the damn thing.

When actually mass produced stocks like the factory tupperware and KRG don’t have issues with recoil lug protrusion people aren’t going to be satisfied when their new $600 stock uses the recoil lug as “bedding”.

I’ll buy another rokstok in the near future because it’s a great stock. That doesn’t mean guys can’t share issues they are seeing that others might benefit from. As long as it’s not some BS about seams and minor finish imperfections in the carbon that is!

Last edited:

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Look what showed up..

Took 5-10 mins to mount and a small dremel job for the bottom plastic to seat. I ordered standard barrel cut thinking I could modify later if needed. Might swap the rings to med from lows. See how it shoots/feels today.

Attachments

• IMG_7313.jpeg
    IMG_7313.jpeg
    401.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_7315.jpeg
    IMG_7315.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 187

Wyo_hntr

WKR

I’ll get off my soapbox now and just wait patiently for more info on the wood option.
Some of us did go shoot the damn thing and observed an issue. Then we took it upon ourselves to try and fix the issue. Then we just tried to help others by sharing what occurred in case others experienced the same minor hiccup instead of going full retard.

When you step off the soap box, do you take off the dunce cap too?

Last edited:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Some of us did go shoot the damn thing and observed an issue. Then we took it upon ourselves to try and fix the issue. Then we just tried to help others by sharing what occurred in case others experienced the same minor hiccup instead of going full retard.

When you step off the soap box, do you take off the dunce cap too?

No that stays for the next person.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just got my 3 rokstock orders in the mail. I was a PIA customer and wanted them to put in a custom pic spigot..among other things 😂

@Stockys and @Unknown Munitions nailed it. They all turned out perfectly. No issues with fit/recoil lugs/etc. spigots came out perfectly as well (thanks for accommodating that!)

Excited to start shooting them!

View attachment 746095

You're that Guy! I kept seeing Them working on those and was like a spigot??? "what? why? who?"

haha

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dearest Roksliders,

Tikka recoil lug protrusion is a new issue brought to my attention as Ryan stormed into the UM shop in his hot pink crocs. Since then:

We have measured proper lug protrusion based on action dimensions, nothing to do with the stock, and it is .093" nominal. Keep in mind MT, UM, and factory Tikka lugs can vary by .015" of each other.

We have added another QC step to our stock exit process, we will measure the lug height and set accordingly.

The stocks you are receiving are aftermarket and can occasionally require some unforeseen work for proper fitment. Of course they are intended to be drop in and you are not required to do any work, however that term unforeseen will pop up now and again.

Here at Unknown Munitions, we will support the Rokstok and future stock products in any way necessary to make the customer happy.

We have never received a stock from any manufacturer here at Unknown Munitions that didn't require some type of fitment during the rifle build process.

If you have issues at all with your Rokstok, do not hesitate to contact us directly at [email protected]

As of yesterday, not one person with a lug issue contacted us in any way. This is not ideal to get your issue resolved. This is not a squeaky wheel situation, simply send us an email and we'll take care of you.

As always, thank you for your continued support of Unknown Munitions and Shoot2Hunt. We greatly appreciate you all.