RokStok

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
That says that it has one, but really doesn't explain why. Straight/inline with bore has always been standard for precision. I get that it kind of moves away from you with recoil, but I can't imagine there's any consistency there.

I can't find podcasts right now, but have a look at the launch podcast with Form or any of Aaron Davidsons' screeds on the topic.

-J

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
The captions on both of these suggests as much.View attachment 744978View attachment 744979

Dude will be a year out within 10 minutes of going live with orders…. It looks fantastic, but I was hoping it would be manufactured by a company that would be able to keep up with demand. I sincerely hope I’m wrong. I’d like to have two or three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
That says that it has one, but really doesn't explain why. Straight/inline with bore has always been standard for precision. I get that it kind of moves away from you with recoil, but I can't imagine there's any consistency there.
Ah, you’re right. I can’t believe none of us thought about that. How did we waste 300 pages of forum without realizing it?

Ah, you’re right. I can’t believe none of us thought about that. How did we waste 300 pages of forum without realizing it?
I've never been on a forum as edgy as rokslide. Every time I post a question trying to learn and understand something, none of the responses actually help.

atmat

WKR
I've never been on a forum as edgy as rokslide. Every time I post a question trying to learn and understand something, none of the responses actually help.
Lol it’s all in good fun. New guys show up to 300-page threads and ask questions that are answered within the body of the thread. Additionally, NSI did send you several links.

clperry

Lil-Rokslider

It’s because all of the information you’re looking for is already here, in abundance and redundancy. Take the time as many of us have and educate yourself with the work that’s already been done. Bring something to the table besides a uniformed opinion and questions that have been answered.

It’s because all of the information you’re looking for is already here, in abundance and redundancy. Take the time as many of us have and educate yourself with the work that’s already been done. Bring something to the table besides a uniformed opinion and questions that have been answered.

Not just this thread. Thanks for your response.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Dude will be a year out within 10 minutes of going live with orders…. It looks fantastic, but I was hoping it would be manufactured by a company that would be able to keep up with demand. I sincerely hope I’m wrong. I’d like to have two or three.

The wood stock is not meant to be a $300 Boyd’s. It is a legit product, that does not get effected by weather at all- there will be no POI shift due to swelling or warping. Every stock will be bedded- Tikka’s more than likely can be bedded without your specific action, others you will need to send the rifle in to be bedded for your stock.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The wood stock is not meant to be a $300 Boyd’s. It is a legit product, that does not get effected by weather at all- there will be no POI shift due to swelling or warping. Every stock will be bedded- Tikka’s more than likely can be bedded without your specific action, others you will need to send the rifle in to be bedded for your stock.
Option for the same rail configurations as regular RokStok planned or TBD still?

clperry

Lil-Rokslider

I did not expect it to be a Boyd’s, although I’ve had good luck with the ones I have. Perhaps I spoke out of turn. I was just hoping that lead times for the wood version wouldn’t be in the 6 month territory or longer. Like I said, I hope
I’m wrong, and even if not, I’ll still be in line.

lintond

WKR
What's the deal with the crazy negative angle comb?

Gives you a higher cheek weld while also reducing perceived recoil on your face. In addition having the butt pad up higher reduces muzzle rise and allows for staying on target easier.

There are probably better answers within the thousands of posts on here.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A reply like this seems to signal you didn't read the full first post of the link that was sent to you, see the quote from below, it literally answers your question. NOW if you came back saying you didn't quite understand this description and wanted clarification on the mechanics of what is described below I doubt anyone would jump on you, it shows you weren't lazy but just didn't understand.

"Recoil management. Straight line, neutral. The combination of parallel forend, above bore recoil pad, negative comb, parallel toe, and correct grip geometry all work together to optimize the recoil path straight to the rear with as minimal muzzle rise and lateral movement as possible."

Not just this thread. Thanks for your response.
See above. If you're regularly getting "edgy" replies maybe self reflect on why. When folks ask educated questions they get reasonable answers. When folks ask lazy questions that present as they couldn't be bothered to research or read things they might catch some ribbing. I'm not attacking you, I'm explaining the interaction style here which compared to many other forums is fairly polite IMHO.

A reply like this seems to signal you didn't read the full first post of the link that was sent to you, see the quote from below, it literally answers your question. NOW if you came back saying you didn't quite understand this description and wanted clarification on the mechanics of what is described below I doubt anyone would jump on you, it shows you weren't lazy but just didn't understand.

"Recoil management. Straight line, neutral. The combination of parallel forend, above bore recoil pad, negative comb, parallel toe, and correct grip geometry all work together to optimize the recoil path straight to the rear with as minimal muzzle rise and lateral movement as possible."

See above. If you're regularly getting "edgy" replies maybe self reflect on why. When folks ask educated questions they get reasonable answers. When folks ask lazy questions that present as they couldn't be bothered to research or read things they might catch some ribbing. I'm not attacking you, I'm explaining the interaction style here which compared to many other forums is fairly polite IMHO.
Definitely read it.

I've just never seen such hostility allowed on a forum in like 13 years and a dozen different forums. I'll continue to lurk around here but asking questions is obviously frowned upon and people are so quick to not try to help. Anyways I don't want to clutter up this thread any more, I just came to try to learn about this radical new stock design. Thanks for the helpful links.

Definitely read it.

I've just never seen such hostility allowed on a forum in like 13 years and a dozen different forums. I'll continue to lurk around here but asking questions is obviously frowned upon and people are so quick to not try to help. Anyways I don't want to clutter up this thread any more, I just came to try to learn about this radical new stock design. Thanks for the helpful links.
Don't sweat it man. I think it's ridiculous that people ask "did you read the whole thread".... I'm sure as hell not going to read 300 pages of mostly people complaining or fantasizing about colors of the stock or otherwise just building the page count without helpful information.

A simple answer to your question would have cluttered the thread less than all the other garbage that increased it to 300.

Forums are for conversation and learning. If everyone only ever used the search and didn't ask questions, it would be more boring and new/different ideas wouldn't be brought to the table because the discussion topics would be a 1 and done

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Definitely read it.

It doesn't really seem like what I wrote above sunk in. Questions are not frowned upon. "Lazy questions" are at times frowned upon (both here and many other places), there IS a difference. Don't act like a victim, you asked a lazy question and got some ribbing.

You must occupy a very narrow corner of the internet if in 13yrs of exposure you think RS is hostile and unhelpful compared to the rest of what is out there.

Edit: Again, I'm not attacking you, I am explaining and trying to give perspective.