RokStok

Greenstig

FNG
I can only speak to mine, but it appeared to be a couple thousandths...maybe a few. I can see how that would go unnoticed. Heck I didn't notice it until I compared it to another stockys stock.
I agree with this. The only reason I found my recoil lug protrusion to be out of spec is that I went looking for it after finding a major functional issue with the bottom inletting on my Rokstok.

I suspect that there are other Rokstoks out there with the same lug protrusion issue, but the owners haven’t noticed because it’s not apparent.

I also suspect a few thousandths or a hundreth out of spec will not cause a red-flag increase group size. However, logic tells me that an induced stress point probably isn’t letting the system live up to its full potential either. It’s kind of the reason people bed rifle actions in the first place.

WYCFM1

WKR
Looks good! Next time you gotta go get some of this color! My local Ace hardware has it. It's even brighter than the construction marking paint neon orange. Photo here makes it look really red, it's not that red.

View attachment 744745

I was wondering why your orange ring on your target stood out so bold…I’ll have to try that brand for repainting all my steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like the looks of that wood Rokstok. Certain I won't like the price, but will probably get one anyways.

Don't even know who will be making them. UM's comment made it sound like they may be sold through UM.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I used a C clamp with wood between the stock/clamp on the bottom and smooth aluminum between the lug/clamp on the top to get the lug to seat. It took a lot of pressure. It looked good to me visually.

Comparing to the VG stock, using highly technical fingernail on an allen wrench to measure, it's still higher than the lug in the VG. Installing the action, the difference can be seen between the stock/action at the front of the magbox. The VG sits flush against the action, the Rokstock doesn't touch.

coast range

Lil-Rokslider
So while we are on the topic of recoil lugs…I have been patiently waiting for my rokstock to show for my 7rm. It’s has the older aluminum lug being it not the x model.
I figure I might as well replace it now. After all this discussion where should I order one from?

atmat

WKR
So while we are on the topic of recoil lugs…I have been patiently waiting for my rokstock to show for my 7rm. It’s has the older aluminum lug being it not the x model.
I figure I might as well replace it now. After all this discussion where should I order one from?
The Rokstock comes with a Mountain Tactical lug. Try that first.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
What's the deal with the crazy negative angle comb?
It's intimidation for the elk. When they see the dorsal fin of a land shark, they know it's over so they just flop.

-J

It's intimidation for the elk. When they see the dorsal fin of a land shark, they know it's over so they just flop.

-J
That says that it has one, but really doesn't explain why. Straight/inline with bore has always been standard for precision. I get that it kind of moves away from you with recoil, but I can't imagine there's any consistency there.