RokStok

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Looks good! Next time you gotta go get some of this color! My local Ace hardware has it. It's even brighter than the construction marking paint neon orange. Photo here makes it look really red, it's not that red.

View attachment 744745
I actually did use rust-oleum fluorescent orange. I've got the exact same in green, which I will use when it's due for a re-spray.

*Edit* for what it's worth I'm 6'1 with the same wingspan and ordered the regular length of pull. I have no issues with it after shooting around 60rds.

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For those without Instagrams... Would somebody be please a lamb and let me know in here when a wood version goes up for ordering please? I need 2 and my father in law wants 2.
Someone else will need to flag it, I have an account but don't really go on much, I just went on today since someone asked for a photo.

Also for the chatter about it only being for the collaboration, iirc from the podcast the collaboration is for a model 70 stock and there will be wooden rokstoks available made by a different vendor so it has nothing to do with slowing stockys done. UM can clarify but that was my recollection/interpretation.

Braaap

WKR
I had the same issue with my recoil lug. Tried setting it with the action but it wouldn’t budge. Tried to pull it with vice grips and my buddy holding the stock, wouldn’t budge. We tried for over an hour with different pliers, vice grips, etc. I finally took a hammer and seated it as deep as it would go. Hopefully it shoots lights out and I’ll forget about it.

I’m not upset or complaining about stockys or UM. I made the decision to do what I did. I have hunts coming asap and didn’t want to ship it back and wait any longer.

View attachment 744613
What head is that on the tripod that the rail is mounted to?

Looks awesome! What's the LOP on that? I ordered mine at 14.5", should be getting it Monday.

The trigger reach feels very good/natural. Obviously I haven’t shoot it yet but 3 different people have fondled it and all said how much it felt different and better than anything they’ve tried. I usually run a 13 1/4 to 13 1/2 but the 14.5 just feels right. I’m going shooting tomorrow and will report back.

BAKPAKR

WKR

The trigger reach feels very good/natural. Obviously I haven’t shoot it yet but 3 different people have fondled it and all said how much it felt different and better than anything they’ve tried. I usually run a 13 1/4 to 13 1/2 but the 14.5 just feels right. I’m going shooting tomorrow and will report back.
Your stock looks great. Did you happen to weigh it or a spacer?

Go my rokstock last week, threw it on my tikka 25 saum that hasn't been remarkable for accuracy and went and shot 5 shots this week and it shot great, the little I shot I noticed a huge difference in recoil over the mesa altitude.
No real issue with the lug, was tight to get seated, but popped in and torqued it down and probably won't mess with it

Dirty cold barrel, hasn't been shot or cared for since early may or late April. 1st shot right, then 2 shots, went and looked, came back shot 2 more and this is what I got. 4shots in the left

Attachments

• 20240731_090539.jpg
    20240731_090539.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 52