RokStok

brockel

WKR
Put 20 rounds through it yesterday evening in various positions and really like it. Spotting hits is much easier with it that’s for sure. Not sure I’d be much of a fan of it if I wasn’t shooting suppressed since it does get in the way of ear muffs when at the range. Like it enough that the daughter and I gave it a paint job. It’s not the prettiest but it works just the same. Will be ordering another when I have a tikka needing a stock.
B4551AD1-6671-4440-864E-E793D0C655CB.jpeg

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Well tickle my mimsy....i just had mine delivered!
No warning email nor nothing!
What a wonderful surprise for m'birthday! (tomorrow)

Bare carbon arca/pic rail, ordered 12/22

Check your junk mail all orders should get tracking email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axlrod

WKR
I live in NW Montana. My rokstok went to Memphis, before coming back. It's like a 3.5 hr drive to CDA from my house, go figure......
Well they use these newfangled jet planes to move freight...

As the story goes IIRC, the founder of Fedex, Fred Smith, got a "C" at Yale grad school on his paper with the idea for a transportation company.
After serving with the USMC in Vietnam he started Fedex in 1971.
According to Forbes, today he is worth $6.9 Billion.
Sometimes you have to think beyond moving one package from point A to point B.

Clarktar

WKR
Apparently my stock is in a batch that had to be sent to a third party "stock finisher".... Another delay I suppose. I ordered mine within the first couple days of it going live

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Shit drives me nuts, there's no way the logistics make sense. I bought a set of tires out of Texas last year and they went up to Maine before heading to Washington state. No wonder shipping costs are outrageous..
Happy to explain. Typically it simply comes down to volume of freight going in that direction. No one wants to pay then entire cost of shipping one package 3 hours over the mountains. Consolidating freight at hubs means and entire plane or truck full of freight is going to the destination. No different than splitting gas money with a buddy on a road trip.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Mine will be here tomorrow. Ordered 8am MST 12/22, plain carbon Tikka with rail, Sendero profile.

Not sure why Fedex thinks it's necessary to send it to Memphis when I live less than 3 hours from UM, but I guess I can handle an extra couple days of waiting...
Really no different that you driving to UM for 1 frozen pizza or going to the local groceries store that received and entire truck load. Saving through volume or that would be one hell of an expensive pizza

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Apparently my stock is in a batch that had to be sent to a third party "stock finisher".... Another delay I suppose. I ordered mine within the first couple days of it going live
At this point I don't care if mine looks like it fell off the delivery truck, ran over, and chewed on by a stray pitbull. As long as the inlet is good and it's structurally gtg.