RokStok

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
You had me worried. The pic does look like a chunk is peeling. I just went out and looked and it’s all good. Must have been just a piece of clover or grass that made it look that way.
That looks better! Lol! The reason I saw it was that I zoomed in to look at the camo pattern as I’m trying to decide on the Rokstok that I’m patiently waiting on.
You have a great looking rifle.

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Is there a listed weight on a Rem 700 inlet yet? Have seen some Tikka weights on here. Was curious where the 700’s came in at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is for a Medium action, pic/arca, qr studs on side, Cerakote, and bedded.
1.81#, 1lbs 13oz

Is epoxy necessary for the recoil lug on the tikka Rokstok ?

Mine was stuffed in there tight, so not in my case.

I'm pretty ignorant on risk mitigation/improvements/issue diagnosis/etc in relation to the tikka recoil lug situation but with factory stocks, KRG chassis, and a rokstok, it's all been a pretty simple process of sticking an action in, making sure the lug is in the slot, and tightening action screws while putting rearward pressure on the action.

Maybe a different thread about any best practices for making sure tikka recoil lugs are setup properly would be helpful? If it's just a matter of making sure it's tight in the stock and seated in the slot when action is torqued, maybe not..

In case anyone else is using the KRG Midas trigger group… High Desert Rifleworks just came out with a bottom metal that will accommodate it.

I’ve been using a factory bottom plastic that I filed out to fit the trigger, it works just fine but this new bottom metal should allow better fit and easier use with gloved hands. I’ll do an update once they arrive and I can try them out with my RokStok

Maybe a different thread about any best practices for making sure tikka recoil lugs are setup properly would be helpful? If it's just a matter of making sure it's tight in the stock and seated in the slot when action is torqued, maybe not..

That would be helpful and appreciated for me as well. A thread about Tikka mods and Tikka smithing in general (caliber/bolt swaps, this lug thing, common challenges or known things more experienced people like to address eventually, etc).

That would be helpful and appreciated for me as well. A thread about Tikka mods and Tikka smithing in general (caliber/bolt swaps, this lug thing, common challenges or known things more experienced people like to address eventually, etc).
I think the lug is being made into a bigger deal than it needs to be or actually is. Makes sure it’s seated. Then put the rifle in the stock/chassis and work it until it seats.

As for anything else you may ever need to know, the mountain tactical site and YouTube channel shows you about anything you could ever want to do with your Tikka

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Anymore have a Tikka CTR in a Rokstock yet? Curious what barrel profile you picked. Thanks
Don't have mine yet, (ordered an LE Green), but I went with Sendero/M24 inlet because I like to be able to store 1 dead cat on each side of the barrel. I can pop my CTR barreled action into the RokStok I do have though (also Sendero/M24 inlet) and post some pictures if you'd like

Don't have mine yet, (ordered an LE Green), but I went with Sendero/M24 inlet because I like to be able to store 1 dead cat on each side of the barrel. I can pop my CTR barreled action into the RokStok I do have though (also Sendero/M24 inlet) and post some pictures if you'd like
Thanks. That would be awesome if you don’t mind.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. That would be awesome if you don’t mind.
CTR in Sendero RokStok inlet:
IMG_6082.jpeg
IMG_6079.jpeg

CTR in factory stock inlet, which has been trouble free as best I can tell, even with some torquing pressure from big bipod that is cantilevered out in front of forend tip:
IMG_6078.jpeg
IMG_6072.jpeg
… and for another reference, the ‘lite’ contour in Sendero RokStok inlet:
IMG_6077.jpeg
IMG_6074.jpeg