RokStok

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
There is definitely something going on with my Rokstock. It appears the recoil lug sits too high up in the slot causing the action to sit up on the lug. There is a dramatic difference in how the action sits in the stock with the recoil lug versus without. No amount of adjusting would let the action drop all the way in when the recoil lug was installed. I tried a factory recoil lug and there was no difference.
I agree with Form. Your height above the stock matches an unseated lug. It would be a pretty large inletting error for the pocket to be cut that shallow and the lug would be very obviously high just on visual inspection.

Until you get use to it, it is a pain to seat them, and like most things, once you get it a few times it gets easier.

Braaap

WKR
I’m having the same issue with my rokstok. I tried seating the lug deeper and appears like it was fine to begin with. Action seems level and then I torque it appropriately and it’s obviously not seated properly in the stock so I assume the lug needs to get seated lower.

Attachments

• IMG_0999.jpeg
    IMG_0999.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1001.jpeg
    IMG_1001.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 214

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I’m having the same issue with my rokstok. I tried seating the lug deeper and appears like it was fine to begin with. Action seems level and then I torque it appropriately and it’s obviously not seated properly in the stock so I assume the lug needs to get seated lower.
That lug looks fine to me. Pull the lug from the stock, place the lug in the slot on the action, take a sharpie and draw a line on the lug to trace the action onto it. Now reinsert the lug, if the line is below the level of the inlet, than it is fine.

20240707_123850.jpg
20240707_123911.jpg20240707_123951.jpg

Last edited:

6.5x284

WKR
Is there a listed weight on a Rem 700 inlet yet? Have seen some Tikka weights on here. Was curious where the 700’s came in at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braaap

WKR
I finally got it. I had to use the method where I remove the lug, flip the action upside down and set the stock down onto the action while I held the lug in place on the action. It’s a tight fit. I had to tap the stock/action several times on a block to get it to seat all the way. Had I not seen pics of unseated actions on this thread I wouldn’t have figured it out until I shot it (maybe). It didn’t look right to me before but I just assumed that was how the stock was designed. Pics below are how it looks now all torqued up.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpeg
    IMG_1005.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1006.jpeg
    IMG_1006.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 201

Braaap

WKR
Tikkas may be fine rifles but that lug system is not something I would want to deal with.
I have two tikkas but had never pulled them out of their stocks before. Now that I have done it once successfully and know what to look for it will be quick and easy in the future.

gbflyer

WKR
Tikkas may be fine rifles but that lug system is not something I would want to deal with.

Some of the custom assemblers machine the action face and use a Remington style lug. I think it’s a solution looking for a problem but some swear by it. The steel Tikka lug seems a little hokey it works great. Some of the early ones were aluminum and would deform over time.

I got mine to drop after spending some more time with it. Took a different Mountain Tactical lug out of another stock that had just a tiny amount of wiggle room in the pocket of the Rokstok. Worked the action back and forth while squeezing it together and "Voila" in it went. Form was right as usual. Sometimes it just takes a little work. I was ready to give up after trying 3 other stocks with the same action and having no issues. Glad I didn't just quit.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe a dumb question but how do you know the recoil lug it seated properly?

My barrel sits up higher than I thought it would have but still shoots good???
Is that cerakote? If so I couldn’t help but notice the area that’s already starting to peel.

03mossy

WKR
Is that cerakote? If so I couldn’t help but notice the area that’s already starting to peel.
You had me worried. The pic does look like a chunk is peeling. I just went out and looked and it’s all good. Must have been just a piece of clover or grass that made it look that way.

Attachments

• IMG_9026.jpeg
    IMG_9026.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 207