RokStok

kickemall

WKR
I think the way to look at this is that UM said they were approx. 5 weeks behind the original schedule of 90 days.. Then Ryan said that 1/1/24 as the start date should be used for the 90 days, +5 weeks. So everybody who ordered during the pre-order should have theirs by approx. the end of the first week in May. This is just going off of what was said earlier in the thread. I don't think order numbers have much to do with it because certain builds were going out first. Somewhere way back in the thread, Tikka's with the scalloped fore end was supposed to be first but don't hold me to that, or any of this for that matter as its just the way I understand it.

My thoughts after about 12-20 rounds, seated off a bench and prone off a pack.
- stock contacts my cheap muffs but doesn't really affect anything. I won't be wearing these during hunting situations anyway

- I can tell that the shape of the stock pulls more of my weight over the rear of the stock vs the stockys VG, which makes a noticeable difference in spotting impacts.

-muzzle rise is almost, if not completely eliminated when using a front/rear rest. Have not tried shooting offhand or without a rear rest yet.

-my finish was a single color gray and came VERY flat, which I appreciate. I have no time for shiny stocks. The integrated grip is nice, seems like it's enough to grip but not so much that it'll collect mud/dirt.

- the integrated pic/arca scalloped stock area is sweet.

- mine did not come with sling cups but I don't use them anyway so I was happy to see that.

I'm trying hard to come up with something that I don't like about it, but I can't. More time with it may uncover something but just good things so far.

Edited to add: I have UM Low Tikka rings on this rifle and did not feel the need to change. My cheek weld changed a bit but doesn't feel cramped.

-trigger reach is much shorter than the VG, feels a lot like my Magpul AR grips.
View attachment 702994

What cartridge?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My thoughts after about 12-20 rounds, seated off a bench and prone off a pack.
- stock contacts my cheap muffs but doesn't really affect anything. I won't be wearing these during hunting situations anyway

- I can tell that the shape of the stock pulls more of my weight over the rear of the stock vs the stockys VG, which makes a noticeable difference in spotting impacts.

-muzzle rise is almost, if not completely eliminated when using a front/rear rest. Have not tried shooting offhand or without a rear rest yet.

-my finish was a single color gray and came VERY flat, which I appreciate. I have no time for shiny stocks. The integrated grip is nice, seems like it's enough to grip but not so much that it'll collect mud/dirt.

- the integrated pic/arca scalloped stock area is sweet.

- mine did not come with sling cups but I don't use them anyway so I was happy to see that.

I'm trying hard to come up with something that I don't like about it, but I can't. More time with it may uncover something but just good things so far.

Edited to add: I have UM Low Tikka rings on this rifle and did not feel the need to change. My cheek weld changed a bit but doesn't feel cramped.

-trigger reach is much shorter than the VG, feels a lot like my Magpul AR grips.
View attachment 702994
Awesome post!

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully some shooters will report back on how the stock performs freehand as well. It’d be helpful to have the ring heights then too, that was a good add on the most recent review.

The flat grey looks great.

Hopefully some shooters will report back on how the stock performs freehand as well. It’d be helpful to have the ring heights then too, that was a good add on the most recent review.

The flat grey looks great.

What performance attributes for freehand shooting would you be looking at?

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
What performance attributes for freehand shooting would you be looking at?

Just how well the stock shoulders for snap shooting. Natural cheek-stock/eye-scope alignment in a standing off-hand position, compared to prone or off-pod shooting.

Possibly how the vertical grip feels, but that’s more an individual preference thing.

I ordered 12/21, basically as soon as the first suggestion that ordering opened up posted on this thread. Order # 177748. Have not received yet, and not really in a rush.

Curious where everyone else is in line. seams like there was a huge chunk of orders put in the first few days if I recall looking at what they showed as "qty available" number dropping by the hundreds.

I'm 61 orders behind you if that's what you are asking. So you might have your stock 2 weeks before me?

I ordered 12/21 around 10:45 pm EST.

That's of course if they are being made as ordered, but we know the regular forearms are behind, so it's all speculation, they will ship when they ship.

I have waited a year for a bow, this time line hasn't upset me at all.

Man, when I saw 5 new pages of Rokstok posts over the weekend, I was hoping they started shipping the LE green stocks. Happy Monday everyone.

Also, @plebe UM capped the quantities of each rokstok model when the presale went live 12/21. I don't remember for sure but I thought it was 100 of the LE green, 300 tikka, and 300 rem700. They showed these cap quantities as in-stock, which is why their website shows a quantity in-stock even though the stocks aren't actually in-stock. I'm sure they're remove this once the presale orders are filled and show accurate in-stock quantities.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Man, when I saw 5 new pages of Rokstok posts over the weekend, I was hoping they started shipping the LE green stocks. Happy Monday everyone.

Also, @plebe UM capped the quantities of each rokstok model when the presale went live 12/21. I don't remember for sure but I thought it was 100 of the LE green, 300 tikka, and 300 rem700. They showed these cap quantities as in-stock, which is why their website shows a quantity in-stock even though the stocks aren't actually in-stock. I'm sure they're remove this once the presale orders are filled and show accurate in-stock quantities.

UM shows “out of stock” now, which is an ample clarifier. But when I was looking at the website over a number of days a couple to several weeks ago, at one point inventory numbers were coming up like “3 in stock” and “5 in stock”, which suggested active movement from previous reports of “10 in stock”.

The information and updates in this thread have a lot to do with pre-orders and without complete information, numerous possibilities could be assumed as to the state of affairs with that. Anyways, it’s all history. Sorry these past 5 pages aren’t productive. Kind of a lot of this thread meanders. I think we’re finally getting to the best information as folks get their hands on the stocks. Hope you get yours soon.

I’ve got a decent understanding of where things lie with orders at the moment, thanks to everyone’s replies. I’m not in a rush to get a RokStok now, though I almost placed an order thinking I could snatch one up if they were starting to have some inventory.

If I decide to order one, I’ll just call UM which seems to be best practice from what’s been said. Have to ask about bolt side cups anyway.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Just how well the stock shoulders for snap shooting. Natural cheek-stock/eye-scope alignment in a standing off-hand position, compared to prone or off-pod shooting.

Possibly how the vertical grip feels, but that’s more an individual preference thing.
I'm curious to hear these answers myself. I'm having UM build me a 7PRC with a Rokstok which will basically be used for hunting. I know the stock is supposed to shine for bench and prone shooting, but what about offhand, standing, kneeling, leaning against a tree, or any other spur of the moment hunting scenarios?

RMM

WKR
I'm curious to hear these answers myself. I'm having UM build me a 7PRC with a Rokstok which will basically be used for hunting. I know the stock is supposed to shine for bench and prone shooting, but what about offhand, standing, kneeling, leaning against a tree, or any other spur of the moment hunting scenarios?
It was said that the stock was specifically designed for all field shooting scenarios but I'm curious about this as well

Back when the shape was chosen it was said this was what they deemed the best option for a general western hunting/field shooting stock, and that exaggerating any other features to make one position better would be too negative for other positions.

Considering form was a main driver In the shape, and he is the one that started the equipment vs practice post and begged people to do the timed offhand/sitting unsupported/sitting supported/prone drill I would have to imagine he took care not to make it suck ass at any of those positions.

I doubt it is the most 100% optimal offhand stock that exists, but if it was it would suck prone, and so on and so forth. The concept was always best option for anything you might have to do while hunting.

Much of my eastern hunting is in tree facing climbers, so that ends up with a mix of offhand and sitting crunched over supported, I am not concerned but I’ll test it for sure

I can't think of how a stock design like this that is good for a supported upright shooter position would be compromised for offhand shooting. It wasn't designed specific to bench and prone shooting. [Edit to add: the only gripe i can think of is the higher heel requiring a guy to push the rifle a little further forward when shouldering to avoid it catching on clothing but putting a butt pad to one's shoulder isn't that complicated]

The "how is it for offhand" inquiries feel like a carry over from the common and incorrect "vertical grips are for prone and bench shooting" stuff people frequently say.

Last edited:

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
Back when the shape was chosen it was said this was what they deemed the best option for a general western hunting/field shooting stock, and that exaggerating any other features to make one position better would be too negative for other positions.

Considering form was a main driver In the shape, and he is the one that started the equipment vs practice post and begged people to do the timed offhand/sitting unsupported/sitting supported/prone drill I would have to imagine he took care not to make it suck ass at any of those positions.

I doubt it is the most 100% optimal offhand stock that exists, but if it was it would suck prone, and so on and so forth. The concept was always best option for anything you might have to do while hunting.

Much of my eastern hunting is in tree facing climbers, so that ends up with a mix of offhand and sitting crunched over supported, I am not concerned but I’ll test it for sure
Sounds good to me. Hopefully I'll be finding out in the next month or two.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider

I wonder what you’ll experience with extreme shot angles downward from a stand, with negative comb and the overbore heel.

Last edited:

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I can't think of how a stock design like this that is good for a supported upright shooter position would be compromised for offhand shooting. It wasn't designed specific to bench and prone shooting. [Edit to add: the only gripe i can think of is the higher heel requiring a guy to push the rifle a little further forward when shouldering to avoid it catching on clothing but putting a butt pad to one's shoulder isn't that complicated]

The "how is it for offhand" inquiries feel like a carry over from the common and incorrect "vertical grips are for prone and bench shooting" stuff people frequently say.

While not truly RokStok vertical, I’m sure there is enough AR familiarity/experience such that most can, without extreme apprehension, make some mental leap from an express or sporter stock to something with a vertical grip for offhand shooting.

We got a pretty extensive review of prone and bench use, why not off-hand as well?

I believe the test group did some offhand shooting, so I’m sure users will report back glowingly. Maybe it’s something to explore, or maybe all that’s left to be said is greatest stock ever.

I’m just curious to hear whatever the feedback is all.

While not truly RokStok vertical, I’m sure there is enough AR familiarity/experience such that most can, without extreme apprehension, make some mental leap from an express or sporter stock to something with a vertical grip for offhand shooting.

We got a pretty extensive review of prone and bench use, why not off-hand as well?

I believe the test group did some offhand shooting, so I’m sure users will report back glowingly. Maybe it’s something to explore, or maybe all that’s left to be said is greatest stock ever.

I’m just curious to hear whatever the feedback is all.

I'm guessing you dont hear much about it because people cant shoot offhand worth a F. They aren't spotting their shots that way, most aren't shooting appreciable volume that way with centerfire bolt rifles to where the recoil mitigation differences are noticed, and a stock doesn't change that. The same grip attributes that apply to making trigger presses with less tension in my hand off supported positions are at play shooting off hand.

Review:
"This stock FEELS good offhand. Never mind that I still shoot 14 MOA with it".

Last edited:

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
UM shows “out of stock” now, which is an ample clarifier. But when I was looking at the website over a number of days a couple to several weeks ago, at one point inventory numbers were coming up like “3 in stock” and “5 in stock”, which suggested active movement from previous reports of “10 in stock”.

The information and updates in this thread have a lot to do with pre-orders and without complete information, numerous possibilities could be assumed as to the state of affairs with that. Anyways, it’s all history. Sorry these past 5 pages aren’t productive. Kind of a lot of this thread meanders. I think we’re finally getting to the best information as folks get their hands on the stocks. Hope you get yours soon.

I’ve got a decent understanding of where things lie with orders at the moment, thanks to everyone’s replies. I’m not in a rush to get a RokStok now, though I almost placed an order thinking I could snatch one up if they were starting to have some inventory.

If I decide to order one, I’ll just call UM which seems to be best practice from what’s been said. Have to ask about bolt side cups anyway.

Well, I wasn’t completely accurate here. UM still shows “72 in stock” for REM700. But the T3Xs are out of stock at least. Haven’t looked at the others.