RokStok

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Spring showers do seem to sprout a substantial crop of trolls and idiots on Rokslide.

Really it’s just the information was a bit unclear for me to navigate and folks are more sensitive than I imagined. I understand the state of affairs better now. Thanks to those who helped me get a better lay of the land.

I compliment UM for this venture, and others. I’m sure there will be many many happy RokStokers.

It’s good to hear that UM will likely accommodate custom requests like cups on the bolt side. The rings and rails look great. I’d really like Extra Low UM Tikka rings in 30mm.

B759E304-9746-44A9-8C63-9236FCC9BC57.jpeg

60AC63C0-C94C-47F7-9081-7804E0C6BEC5.pngD7819F51-C12B-41A9-A4E7-83D9B10143FE.png

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
No one was sensitive, you came off obnoxious and stated you went through the whole thread then made comments clearly showing you hadn’t, that combination is universally annoying in life and caused some folks to reply as such.

Well, it is what it is then. Again, thankful to those who clarified without being tools. And sorry to be so unlikeable.

Can’t wait to hear all the feedback from folks who have the stock and get the stocks in future.

brushape

WKR
According to an email from unknown they are getting 30 out a week, my order was placed on the first day and there are 400 orders in front of me. You can do the math from there on when you or I might get a stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered 12/21, basically as soon as the first suggestion that ordering opened up posted on this thread. Order # 177748. Have not received yet, and not really in a rush.

Curious where everyone else is in line. seams like there was a huge chunk of orders put in the first few days if I recall looking at what they showed as "qty available" number dropping by the hundreds.

Grundy53

WKR
According to an email from unknown they are getting 30 out a week, my order was placed on the first day and there are 400 orders in front of me. You can do the math from there on when you or I might get a stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang. 13 weeks just for the first day. Hope I get mine by next year. Lol

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Axlrod

WKR
I ordered the LE stock on day one. Then a few weeks later I sent a barrel and action to be chambered, etc. I called that part in, guy I talked to was excellent. I think he said it would be done at the end of April. Don't know if they are going to ship everything at once or not. Don't know when everything will be done. Don't care. I will shoot it when it gets here. If you have no other rifles, this probably isn't for you.
My last custom, I had done by a well known builder. He said he didn't know how long it would take- maybe a year or so. I sent him a deposit and, 9 months later he called to say that it would be done that week. I asked how much $ to bring with me when I come and get it.

Dobermann

WKR
Really it’s just the information was a bit unclear for me to navigate and folks are more sensitive than I imagined. I understand the state of affairs better now. Thanks to those who helped me get a better lay of the land.

I compliment UM for this venture, and others. I’m sure there will be many many happy RokStokers.

It’s good to hear that UM will likely accommodate custom requests like cups on the bolt side. The rings and rails look great. I’d really like Extra Low UM Tikka rings in 30mm.
Glad to hear of this shift.

Does that mean you'll now edit your post where you said you can't trust UM?

I don’t got a dog in this fight but what I will say is the Unknown Munitions website is terrible.. I tried making two different orders on the tax day sale, both of which I ultimately gave up on because of site issues. I support plenty of small businesses with competent websites, UM’s is trash and needs an upgrade..

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to hear of this shift.

Does that mean you'll now edit your post where you said you can't trust UM?

Not really planning on that.

Hopefully I’ll acceptably clear the air here by saying I have no reason to distrust UM as a company. I’ve never actually ordered from them so I couldn’t say one way or another.

I think what I wrote has been somewhat mischaracterized. If you look back at post 4,098, perhaps the context presents itself.

My experience of UM is they have some nice looking products that I’m interested in. But the website has had some conflicting information regarding the subject item. I therefore can’t say I have high confidence in what the website presents regarding on hand stock.

I honestly thought it possible that the big red box about a 90day delivery timeline was perhaps leftover from preorders that happened months earlier. Maybe it was wishful thinking that certain items actually were in-stock as the website also stated.

In my consumption of this thread it was not clear what all the specific details of preorders/orders/deliveries were, at the time of my inquiry (post 4,097). From what others have posted it seems I wasn’t the only one looking for clarity. Plenty of questions about what has shipped, what is shipping, what the order of production and delivery was/is. Maybe I’m guilty of not doing all the math on that, I don’t know why I should need to do it; potential consumer here.

Ultimately, I think the products will speak for themselves. I doubt my meager posts pose any threat to the success of this venture nor did I ever intend to undermine it. The circling wolves act has been a bit disappointing, but ya’ll see it differently. It is what it is.

I’m really onboard with just hearing more about how folks like the stock.

My thoughts after about 12-20 rounds, seated off a bench and prone off a pack.
- stock contacts my cheap muffs but doesn't really affect anything. I won't be wearing these during hunting situations anyway

- I can tell that the shape of the stock pulls more of my weight over the rear of the stock vs the stockys VG, which makes a noticeable difference in spotting impacts.

-muzzle rise is almost, if not completely eliminated when using a front/rear rest. Have not tried shooting offhand or without a rear rest yet.

-my finish was a single color gray and came VERY flat, which I appreciate. I have no time for shiny stocks. The integrated grip is nice, seems like it's enough to grip but not so much that it'll collect mud/dirt.

- the integrated pic/arca scalloped stock area is sweet.

- mine did not come with sling cups but I don't use them anyway so I was happy to see that.

I'm trying hard to come up with something that I don't like about it, but I can't. More time with it may uncover something but just good things so far.

Edited to add: I have UM Low Tikka rings on this rifle and did not feel the need to change. My cheek weld changed a bit but doesn't feel cramped.

-trigger reach is much shorter than the VG, feels a lot like my Magpul AR grips.
1000005044.jpg

Last edited: