RokStok

Maybe 90 Biblical days is what Jake meant? God created the earth in 6 days, and scientists peg it at around 5 Billion calendar years.

So good news boys - we've got less than half a trillion years to wait!

I just got off the phone… the order date is not necessarily indicative of your position in the queue. I ordered on 21 Dec and I’m a long ways back. I even ordered the “tear pattern”. They are in the 700s and my first order is in the 800s.
hmm what happened to the 600s if they are on the 700s. i wonder how it works with first batch from stockys. is it the le green? or bare carbon shipped first ?or first batch goes to cerakote to get that ball rolling then next batch bare goes out. i ordered within first 30 mins i think but i added cerakote later on so that will probably hold mine up

ehayes

FNG
I just got off the phone… the order date is not necessarily indicative of your position in the queue. I ordered on 21 Dec and I’m a long ways back. I even ordered the “tear pattern”. They are in the 700s and my first order is in the 800s. They are producing 30 stocks a week and that only increases if they get more molds. Disappointing news, but it is what it is. Hopefully they will get more molds, but until then it’s an opportunity to exercise patience.
This is the same feeling I have every Dec 1 waiting for my non resident tag in Idaho. In a queue, not quite sure my number means, hoping for the best.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I hope that's a joke.
Why would it be a joke? Think about it, the collaboration took on a big endeavor with the rokstok itself and learned about iterative prototyping and beta testers which as we all can witness took a number of months more than the team seemed to have anticipated. Mind you a gaggle of folks antsy for their preorders have the spotlight on the timeline during this process. The lite has been referenced as an up coming project but my personal impression is it’s conceptual still at this stage. So factoring in a timeline to develop and test it AND not put out too optimistic of a date to the folks here it seems completely logical to say the lite wouldn’t be available <9mo to temper expectations. IF they get it out sooner no one will complain but the same can’t be said in reverse if they state sooner and it takes longer. “Under promise and over deliver”

Sled

WKR
Why would it be a joke? Think about it, the collaboration took on a big endeavor with the rokstok itself and learned about iterative prototyping and beta testers which as we all can witness took a number of months more than the team seemed to have anticipated. Mind you a gaggle of folks antsy for their preorders have the spotlight on the timeline during this process. The lite has been referenced as an up coming project but my personal impression is it’s conceptual still at this stage. So factoring in a timeline to develop and test it AND not put out too optimistic of a date to the folks here it seems completely logical to say the lite wouldn’t be available <9mo to temper expectations. IF they get it out sooner no one will complain but the same can’t be said in reverse if they state sooner and it takes longer. “Under promise and over deliver”
Full disclosure, I'm an idiot and can't read. I've been laid up for a while and on a lot of pills so I did not see that said LITE. My brain was wondering why i placed in order in 2023 to receive the stock in 2025. Im perfectly content to wait a few months on what I ordered.

lak2004

WKR
I know the stockys vg for m70 is coming, was more wondering about the rokstock. I believe @Formidilosus has said he wants to do a sauer rokstock.
This was the last thing UM said for the rokstock.
6018b91c65629bff4e5925aad005eaa0.jpg

BBB

FNG
I swear I’ve read all 195 pages of this and think that I remember seeing an image of the bare carbon stock somewhere? Does anyone have a pic of the bare carbon stock? I’m assuming standard black carbon weave but want to make sure before pulling the trigger. Thanks

duffman

FNG
@BBB This thread has pics of it

Reactions: BBB