RokStok

BAKPAKR

WKR
What do you shoot? I have the Stocky’s normal VG, and the 1/2” pad is a non-issue. But my biggest recoiling cartridge is 6creed right now.

I have a 6.5 CM. The 1/2” pad + spacer would be a non-issue with that. But, I want a 300 WSM when it is available with 10” twist.

lak2004

WKR
I'd like to see spartan/arca also. I chose arca/pic on my order because I don't have a bipod yet but the spartan is the way I'll go either way.
The trinity is an option but I'd rather have the spartan adapter embedded and no hanging down on the rail.

cc817b08559189eb8a15c9bd2efd0dc1.jpg

Lawnboi

WKR
I’m with you on that. I’d like to have pic on there only to dabble with PRS comps.

Any reason why the pic/Arca couldn’t be swapped later for Arca/spartan?

I’m guessing you need a hole for the Spartan, I doubt they are going to cut it if you didn’t order a Spartan.

Personally I ordered straight arca. And honestly 90% of guys shooting comps are using some kind of arca. Picatinny is kind of going away it seems.

I prefer arca over picatinny for everything. I may one day try the new Spartan and just use their adapter for the time being.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I am still on the fence. If there was a 1” pad option on the RokStok, instead of a 1/2” pad and spacer, I would already have one ordered. The 1/4” lower heel on the rumored RokStok Lite has me pretty interested, too.
I agree. One of the big deals with this stock design is being able to spot shots. I really wish they would put the air tech limbsaver on them for higher recoiling calibers.

atmat

WKR
I agree. One of the big deals with this stock design is being able to spot shots. I really wish they would put the air tech limbsaver on them for higher recoiling calibers.
Regardless of recoil pad size: are most guys really spotting their shots with magnum 30 cals? I shoot a fair amount (but a lot less than guys here) and was never able to do that.

Admittedly I don’t use a brake, though — so maybe that’s the difference?

BAKPAKR

WKR
Regardless of recoil pad size: are most guys really spotting their shots with magnum 30 cals? I shoot a fair amount (but a lot less than guys here) and was never able to do that.

I am not planning on spotting my shots with an unbraked 300 WSM but I think the above bore heel on the RokStok will keep me from getting scoped.

I would like to spot my shots with a very lightweight 7PRC. Limbsaver would have been nice, maybe the Backfire guy will step up

lak2004

WKR
I am not planning on spotting my shots with an unbraked 300 WSM but I think the above bore heel on the RokStok will keep me from getting scoped.
I hated shooting my 300wsm unbraked. With a good brake it feels like a 6.5cm. Suppressor is in jail too. I know that recoil pad does help but not enough to make we want to shoot that cal unbraked.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I'm having a 7PRC built with a Rokstok that will be suppressed. Recoil isn't a concern, but in my opinion why not make the gun as comfortable to shoot as possible. I have a Limbsaver air tech on most of my rifles and they really do make a difference.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Yes that makes a difference, I have a 300wsm tikka that was comfortable to shoot and could pick up shots well with a good brake on it. I have a can now too but haven't shot it much on that gun yet, the recoil is still comfortable with a can but I haven't been in a situation to spot shots yet.

TheCougar

WKR
I'm having a 7PRC built with a Rokstok that will be suppressed. Recoil isn't a concern, but in my opinion why not make the gun as comfortable to shoot as possible. I have a Limbsaver air tech on most of my rifles and they really do make a difference.
I would like to spot my shots with a very lightweight 7PRC. Limbsaver would have been nice, maybe the Backfire guy will step up
I am absolutely certain - hell, I’m betting 2 Rokstoks on the ingenuity of the Rokslide engineers coming up with a retrofit solution. My kids shoot my rifles and I want a 1” recoil pad on there, especially the 7mm. I think that within weeks on guys getting their hands on the Rokstok, there will be a thread for fixing this.

Dobermann

WKR
I'd like to see spartan/arca also. I chose arca/pic on my order because I don't have a bipod yet but the spartan is the way I'll go either way.
The trinity is an option but I'd rather have the spartan adapter embedded and no hanging down on the rail.

cc817b08559189eb8a15c9bd2efd0dc1.jpg
Me too - and in the center of the Arca section if possible, to reduce the length of that thing.

tak

WKR
I can see the benefit of arca/Spartan. I could see another Spartan bipod in my future. I also have access to ckye, Tbac and atlas all with rrs arca mounts.

Personally I see picatinny as a bipod mount as a legacy product that can go away.

I understand where you are coming from, I have full length arca on match guns. But for hunting rifles, I've gravitated toward a shorter arca in front of the mag well and a pic rail up front.

This is much more comfortable to carry and also shot off hand, especially if the pic is in a scalloped forend. Same goes for ARs. A pic rail up front is much more comfortable to hold/shoot than an arca which is much more obtrusive on a round hand guard. I even used a short pic rail in front of the mag well on a 300blk AR for my 6yo son to shoot off a tripod (mostly because it was the only key mod attachment I had on hand). It worked great, and I decided to leave it.

RRS anvil head and RRS bipod attachment certainly makes this set up work well, and I can still use full length arca rails or chassis rifles.

For the rok stok I ordered spartan/pic up front and added a shorter arca in front of the mag well. I have a spartan, but never actually used it, LOL.

Lawnboi

WKR
I understand where you are coming from, I have full length arca on match guns. But for hunting rifles, I've gravitated toward a shorter arca in front of the mag well and a pic rail up front.

This is much more comfortable to carry and also shot off hand, especially if the pic is in a scalloped forend. Same goes for ARs. A pic rail up front is much more comfortable to hold/shoot than an arca which is much more obtrusive on a round hand guard. I even used a short pic rail in front of the mag well on a 300blk AR for my 6yo son to shoot off a tripod (mostly because it was the only key mod attachment I had on hand). It worked great, and I decided to leave it.

RRS anvil head and RRS bipod attachment certainly makes this set up work well, and I can still use full length arca rails or chassis rifles.

For the rok stok I ordered spartan/pic up front and added a shorter arca in front of the mag well. I have a spartan, but never actually used it, LOL.
That’s how I used to setup my rifles and really disliked the arca in front of the mag well. For carry and off hand purposes mainly. Heck I had stocks with picatinny in front of the mag well because I hated carrying an arca rail there.

Iv gravitated to an arca that is long enough that I can attach a bipod and tripod at the same time, on most my rifles that ends up around 6” of arca. This lets me reach my tripod head for easy adjustment, but still gives me plenty of blank space for carrying. I don’t shoot a lot off a tripod, but I like to have the option.

As for the picatinny up front, I prefer a shot arca. It’s just an easier to use setup and more versatile at this point.

I had an early Spartan bipod and would like to try one of their updated versions. I just always worried I was going to lose the thing.