OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
a2b964a3ae36ab2204847552754eb4f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know the design helps mitigate recoil, but aren’t you guys all shooting 223s now anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My LE green is going straight on a 223, I’m hoping with the rokstock I will no longer need a 4 port brake.

I wish they would just make the 17hmr legal for big game, I can shoot them with no muzzle device

wyosam

WKR
Nope, 6UMs…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there any advantage in this design for rapid barrel changes? I kid, the 6UM looks fun. If I still lived anywhere near a prairie dog town, I’d need one in a 10 twist for the 58gr Vmax. I like to go fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
Looks better finished than I expected. Excited to hear what people think when they start rolling out. I’m about to get my first tikka and a new stock is high on my list of upgrades

Ruger m77

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
+1 on this, in LEFT HAND. I have two Ruger M77s, one is MKii long action 270 Win and one is a hawkeye short action 7mm-08 and I desperately need proper stocks for them (both are currently wood stocks). If I had to pick one that I'd Rokstok instantly it would be the 7mm-08 Hawkeye as there's not as much sentimental value. The 270 is my first rifle. Maybe I'll rebarrel it to 9.3 x 62 someday and have myself an Africa/Buffalo gun. But the dirth of options for left handed Ruger M77 actions is nuts. I'm sure I'll get flamed about how the investment cast actions are weak, etc. but I have never had any issues with action strength or pressure (even with max loads) and the true controlled feed mauser action is so underrated!

PS...yes, I also own a Tikka and I love it, potentially more than I love my Rugers, so yes, I have seen the light.

This looks stellar.
But it does make me a bit sad as I was really excited about the gold. And after seeing how good the green turned out I'm sure the gold would have looked as good.
I initially ordered the gold, and I agree, the gold would have been wicked cool… but the green turned out better than I expected, and glad I went with that

It’s going to blend in nicely around here too which I like, I was a little concerned about the gold standing out calling lions, they see everything, almost like a turkey, but I was willing to take that chance…

If it’s ever an option in the future, I’ll be getting one for sure, I like black and orange together

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I initially ordered the gold, and I agree, the gold would have been wicked cool… but the green turned out better than I expected, and glad I went with that

It’s going to blend in nicely around here too which I like, I was a little concerned about the gold standing out calling lions, they see everything, almost like a turkey, but I was willing to take that chance…

If it’s ever an option in the future, I’ll be getting one for sure, I like black and orange together

I agree. If they do a limited gold in the future I'm in.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
The green/gold would have been cool for a range toy but for hunting I imagined it would be a beacon of glitter giving up your position.

ljalberta

WKR
I agree. If they do a limited gold in the future I'm in.

I’m also part of the gold to green gang. Green turned out fantastic.

However, I will be holding out for that limited edition John Daly pants run (as long as they open it to non MHG members) for my second.

I’d love to get a SA Fieldcraft (threaded) version as well. But I suspect the full length bedding design and limited amount of guns out there will keep this to a pipe dream.

The green/gold would have been cool for a range toy but for hunting I imagined it would be a beacon of glitter giving up your position.
The green will blend in great here on the coast, as well as anything I assume

Other than calling cats, I don’t think the color of a stock will ever be a reason to get busted. Turkey and lions are the only two things I hunt that I could ever imagine the color of a gun having any chance of effecting a hunt, and even then, if they spot the gun, it will likely be too late.