RokStok

That was my thought and choice. My last stockys carbon stock was ordered the same way and it arrived in a timely manner.

Plus krylon solves all color issues.

Yeah, i'd totally be fine with Krylon. Only reason i went color is because they said it has a better texture/grip and for the cost of paint, my time, and comparable resale value, $50 up front for cerakote seems well worth it. Possible longer wait time might sway a guy though.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Its a design flaw, but to each his own.
I dont want to influence anyone else's decision though because I think UM does good work.

I'll stop commenting about it now, but to your point typically manufacturers will take input from current and prospective customers about the products.

Stockys is just a phone call away, they can design the perfect stock for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

atmat

WKR
Its a design flaw, but to each his own.
Lol it’s a design feature my dude.

If your rear bag manipulation skills are limited to sliding a wedge up and down, I would recommend you shoot/practice more.

A lot of us place our non-trigger hand in the same spot on the stock (even when not flat) and manipulate a bag with pressure to get our height. It’s a good skill to have.

skierjt

FNG
I ordered one…. H-261 or Rokstok Tear w/o Logo, Dead Cat Contour, ARCA/pic. I didn’t see an option to add a magwell ARCA rail, which I know they mentioned recently. I put it in the notes.

I am on the fence about a second. I need another stock, but I’m Wondering if I should get this one in hand and try it out before dropping coin on another.
Just called UM and they said an ARCA forward of the magwell could be added.

On the topic of flat stocks and rear bags, when shooting off a bipod/rear bag setup, what bag would work best with this stock? Something not 100% filled, with fill that will move freely when you squeeze?

Size wise, I like the idea of something similar to a soda can. Small, one hand manipulation, packable. I cut up an old bag and made one, but my sewing sucks and is falling apart. I did order a "tea bag" size small from UM with my rokstock. Looks to be about that soda can size.

Fill wise, we will see how the UM bag works. Thinking the sweet spot would be free moving fill to better change height, and ideally light weight.

Outer material wise, 500d is durable, but not sure it will allow easy height changes as much as maybe some type of stretchy material?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
On the topic of flat stocks and rear bags, when shooting off a bipod/rear bag setup, what bag would work best with this stock? Something not 100% filled, with fill that will move freely when you squeeze?

Size wise, I like the idea of something similar to a soda can. Small, one hand manipulation, packable. I cut up an old bag and made one, but my sewing sucks and is falling apart. I did order a "tea bag" size small from UM with my rokstock. Looks to be about that soda can size.

Fill wise, we will see how the UM bag works. Thinking the sweet spot would be free moving fill to better change height, and ideally light weight.

Outer material wise, 500d is durable, but not sure it will allow easy height changes as much as maybe some type of stretchy material?
Check out that ultralight bag from LSwild.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
The rokstok is close as well but not there either.
Maybe a second generation will be released eventually to address the issues.

There won’t be. What you believe is an issue, is a specific design criteria that we require. For a stock that is optimized for killing animals in all conditions and environments, this stock is what it needs to be. KRG Bravo’s are one of the most used lighter weight chassis for hunting, they also have a near parallel toe line. No one has an issue with it- this is a thing that either you believe is an issue that actually isn’t an issue; or you lack some part of shooting skill that makes it one for you.

Not being rude- this design you don’t like, is one of the critical features.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
Really wish I could see what the actual green carbon one looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at unknownmuntions Limited Green Color. I called and they said the color is a vibrant, bright green like it shows when choosing the green.

Sled

WKR
Just called UM and they said an ARCA forward of the magwell could be added.
They mentioned in this thread it would be an option. I didn't see it on the order page so I just went with what was offered.