RokStok

Macintosh

WKR
Yes, I hadnt read the post above that way, I read it as more a comment on improvement rather than “I couldnt before and now I can”.
One thing I will say, is that all this stuff is a muscle…get used to a really soft-shooting stock and then go back to a gun that has a more traditional comb, and I sure notice my form needs sharpening in a hurry because I havent needed to focus on it as much.

atmat

WKR
Agree 100% however… “Telling a difference”, versus not even being able to easily spot shots with a low recoiling rifle, is two different shooters completely.
I think you’re nitpicking. @ElPollo said it gives an “increase in your ability to stay in the scope.” That’s true, regardless of whether you were previously unable to, partially able to, or completely able to. The VG is better than the factory stock.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I think you’re nitpicking. @ElPollo said it gives an “increase in your ability to stay in the scope.” That’s true, regardless of whether you were previously unable to, partially able to, or completely able to. The VG is better than the factory stock.
10-4 I’m probably just bored waiting for minnesota rifle to open tomorrow morning. Probably read more into it than they meant, you’re right.

ElPollo

WKR
My point is, a stock doesn’t make you a better shooter on its own. Spotting shots with a suppressed 6.5 is easy for any shooter who applies proper fundamentals and actually practices shooting with virtually any stock.

A stock designed properly and adjusted to the shooter properly can definitely help with a lot more than just muzzle rise, but by itself it’s useless if a shooter doesn’t know what they are doing. Which is why I asked if you were being honest when you stated that you couldn’t spot your shots easily with the factory stock. Something tells me your are exaggerating like everyone does online.

My wife is 105 lbs and shoots a suppressed 6.5 tikka with the factory stock with vertical grip. She also shoots a non suppressed .243 Tikka with factory stock and vertical grip. Has zero issues spotting shots and quickly putting 2nd and 3rd shots into big game and targets when needed. Quickly meaning within seconds of taking the first shot never losing her sight picture. Are you saying this isn’t possible for you? Fundamental work is likely in order if that’s the case.

To answer your question, I’ve never had an issue spotting shots with the factory Tikka or Sako stocks, or any of the aftermarket stocks I’ve used on over a dozen tikkas and sakos in 6.5 chambering and below. Kills as close as 30 yards and as far as 1,100 yards on big game animals.

And guess what, I still plan on buying 2 or 3 rokstocks as soon as they are available.
Being honest?…. Honestly, you could work on your reading comprehension. No where did I state that I couldn’t spot my shots with a factory stock. I did state that the new stock made that easier.

If I need ever to come to someone for fundamentals and practice, honestly, it probably won’t be you. But thanks for the unrequested lesson anyway.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Being honest?…. Honestly, you could work on your reading comprehension. No where did I state that I couldn’t spot my shots with a factory stock. I did state that the new stock made that easier.

If I need ever to come to someone for fundamentals and practice, honestly, it probably won’t be you. But thanks for the unrequested lesson anyway.
How far away are you from central Arizona? I’d be happy for you to come out and shoot anytime. More shooting the better!

ElPollo

WKR
How far away are you from central Arizona? I’d be happy for you to come out and shoot anytime. More shooting the better!
I don’t think you meant to insinuate that I was a rookie or that I was not being honest when I was trying to answer that guy’s questions about the stock. I think you did it because you weren’t paying attention. I appreciate the offer to get together and shoot though.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I don’t think you meant to insinuate that I was a rookie or that I was not being honest when I was trying to answer that guy’s questions about the stock. I think you did it because you weren’t paying attention. I appreciate the offer to get together and shoot though.
It was more that I skimmed it quickly, and saw that a suppressed 6.5 couldn’t spot shots with a factory stock. If it was a 300 stupid mag I wouldn’t have have even replied. Re-read it and realized more of what you were getting at, my bad.

I’m always down to shoot! Im lucky have some incredible country here, just minutes from my property. It’s excellent practice country with varying elevation, tough terrain, canyons, and shots literally as far as you could possibly want to shoot. If you’re ever in AZ and have an extra day or two PM me!

snopro176

WKR
@Ryan Avery the monkeys are about to start throwing shit man, let's see this thing!
7cc82022d6ab645fe3664a320ecd9939.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
Ahh, gotta love playing with bondo. Pretty awesome what you can fabricate in 30 minutes with bondo and a rasp!