Rokstok vs Stockys VG Hunter

Elite

WKR
View attachment 727286

Both are good field stocks. The Rokstock does everything a bit better overall. Stockys will serve you well until your Rokstock shows up in half a year.

How is the for end width on the rokstock vs the VG? Not liking how wide the Vg is for standing shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
How is the for end width on the rokstock vs the VG? Not liking how wide the Vg is for standing shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both work fine. I don’t grip forend on standing shots. I support back near the magazine, elbow into body. Much more effective.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I'm waiting on the Rokstock, so I can't speak to it.

What most have mentioned about the VG is true for me. I used it heavily last season and shooting since then. I have fairly large hands but still need to "choke up" on the grip. Doing this, I end up losing some of the benefit of a vertical grip. It ends up splitting the difference of a true vertical grip with a short trigger reach and a more vertical elbow alignment...and a classic open grip with a flared-horizontal(-ish) elbow alignment.

It's a good stock, very usable, but the trigger reach does have an effect on how I shoot it.