Rokstok vs Stockys VG Hunter

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone out there that has both of them to compare? Since RokStoks are super backed up I’m thinking about just picking up a VG Hunter for 400 bucks and calling it good or is the RokStok worth the wait?

Last edited:
haven't fondled a rokstock yet but i picked up the VG for my tikka last month. i like the stock but haven't really put it through hard testing. and people we'ren't joking about the trigger reach being excessive. i'll probably end up having to build out the grip another 3/4" to improve hand grip and shorten the reach.

i'm glad i replaced the nice wood Hunter stock with the VG. I would probably be less impressed if I was taking off the stock from my Roughtech and dropping the action in a $400 VG....

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
haven't fondled a rokstock yet but i picked up the VG for my tikka last month. i like the stock but haven't really put it through hard testing. and people we'ren't joking about the trigger reach being excessive. i'll probably end up having to build out the grip another 3/4" to improve hand grip and shorten the reach.

i'm glad i replaced the nice wood Hunter stock with the VG. I would probably be less impressed if I was taking off the stock from my Roughtech and dropping the action in a $400 VG....
I’ve read about the trigger reach being long and it looks like it’s roughly 3/8ths of a inch longer reach than the factory synthetic stock with the vertical grip… I have some pretty big hands so it should probably still be ok maybe.

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Anyone out there that has both of them to compare? Since RokStoks are super backed up I’m thinking about just picking up a VG Hunter for 400 bucks and calling it good or is the RokStok worth the wait?
It’s definitely worth the wait! For a field rifle the feel and use of the rokstok just works. If you’re even thinking about one just order and wait.

TxLite

WKR
Have the VG hunter and love it. Trigger reach is a non issue for me and the stock fits me very well.

I understand the benefits of the negative comb on the rokstock so I’ve got one on order for a different rifle.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
It’s definitely worth the wait! For a field rifle the feel and use of the rokstok just works. If you’re even thinking about one just order and wait.
I’m probably going to end up ordering a Rokstok too but I think I’m just going to try the VG Hunter for now since I doubt I would get one for fall considering they haven’t even filled orders from the first day yet 😂.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Have the VG hunter and love it. Trigger reach is a non issue for me and the stock fits me very well.

I understand the benefits of the negative comb on the rokstock so I’ve got one on order for a different rifle.
Good to hear that it actually fits someone out there, from reading the VG Hunter thread it seems like everyone is complaining 🤣.

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I’m probably going to end up ordering a Rokstok too but I think I’m just going to try the VG Hunter for now since I doubt I would get one for fall considering they haven’t even filled orders from the first day yet 😂.
I had a vg and sold it, it was ok….. until I tried a rokstok. For the money they are not bad, just not near as good as the rokstok feels.

TxLite

WKR
Good to hear that it actually fits someone out there, from reading the VG Hunter thread it seems like everyone is complaining 🤣.
Maybe I just don’t know any better and the rokstock will open my eyes, but I like it better than the Mesa it replaced. My wife also shoots it fine and was able to kill her Antelope at 400 yards with it.

Maybe ignorance is bliss? No plans to replace it on that rifle at this time.

Elite

WKR
How much does everyone’s tikka VG stock weigh? Mine came in today and it’s 27.8 oz? Seems excessive compared to their advertised weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElPollo

WKR
How much does everyone’s tikka VG stock weigh? Mine came in today and it’s 27.8 oz? Seems excessive compared to their advertised weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24 oz after I painted it and before I added lightweight epoxy to the grip to shorten the trigger reach. The epoxy an and texture added about an oz. Mine is the T3x light contour. Since then I sanded out the barrel channel to get more clearance.

Edit: That weight includes the recoil lug.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
24 oz after I painted it and before I added lightweight epoxy to the grip to shorten the trigger reach. The epoxy an and texture added about an oz. Mine is the T3x light contour. Since then I sanded out the barrel channel to get more clearance.

Edit: That weight includes the recoil lug.
What kind of epoxy did you use?