Rokstok review thread

TuckTruck

WKR
I used my vg Hunter for the majority of shooting at the S2HU. I was able to bounce back and forth several times comparing my rifle to Forms in a rokstok. I saw a huge improvement in just the feel and comfort of the rokstok. The forend fit my hand better holding it and it seemed to sit and stay very nice on a front bag being a little more rounded. The grip shape and trigger reach is much better than the vg for my hands. It seems thinner and just fits for me. Every time I grip it my hand goes to the same spot and my thumb always seems to land neutral right on the back of the bolt shroud. The flat toe is much easier to hold and I think it’s because it’s thinner than the vg if your clamping it with your index finger and thumb, then using your other fingers to grip a bag or other rear rest. As for being flat and helping with better sight picture through the shot I haven’t shot mine with a magnum rifle yet, but will here soon to try and compare. The comb is much easier to get into and I feel I am getting into the gun a lot more repeatable every time. I notice it more when shooting kneeling with a front support and from standing. I think the comb above bore really does eliminate a lot of muzzle rise in any position. I shot my rokstok last weekend along with a Xlr 4.0 and hnt26. The rokstok is by far a better more comfortable field gun. I have really liked the chassis mainly for the adjustability and folding for backpack hunting but my future new builds will be in rokstoks with shorter barrels. The ergonomics of this stock just work.View attachment 714892
Where did you get this cheek pad?

PXL_20240525_191438238.jpg

Took my 2 6.5 cm tikkas out today. one 24 in in a rokstock one 20 in. in a oem stock to compare. i wrote in the other thread but the fit and finish are excellent. grip is perfect for me. shots were prone iwth rear bag and javelin bipod. recoil management and shot spotting was noticeably better in the rokstock when shooting steel. shot my best 10 shot group too at 100. Only issue is I need to move my head just a little rearwaard than whats natural but I think thats a me issue that I can get used too (318 trijicon/ to84s). it wasn;t affecting my shooting though. probably going to order another

Last edited:
View attachment 716378

Took my 2 6.5 cm tikkas out today. one 24 in in a rokstock one 20 in. in a oem stock to compare. i wrote in the other thread but the fit and finish are excellent. grip is perfect for me. shots were prone iwth rear bag and javelin bipod. recoil management and shot spotting was noticeably better in the rokstock when shooting steel. shot my best 10 shot group too at 100. Only issue is I need to move my head just a little rearwaard than whats natural but I think thats a me issue that I can get used too (318 trijicon/ to84s). it wasn;t affecting my shooting though. probably going to order another

Thanks for the comparison review, that’s exactly what I’ve been looking for.

Has anyone heard what the wait time is if ordering now? I know there website says within 90 days but do know some are still waiting from the initial ordering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
Thanks for the comparison review, that’s exactly what I’ve been looking for.

Has anyone heard what the wait time is if ordering now? I know there website says within 90 days but do know some are still waiting from the initial ordering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the website is updated to 150 days or something.

Unckebob

WKR
Some comparison to factory. This factory stock has the vertical grip, barrel channel sanded out, and 3 flush cups installed with original sling studs removed and holes filled.

Obviously a bare carbon rokstok, has a spartan/pic and two flush cups, proof sendero barrel channel.

Weight (factory recoil lug in factory stock and MT lug that came with it in Rokstok)
View attachment 714979

Top of barrel channels are parallel

Side by side
View attachment 714982

First impression is that the Rokstok feels better, both in off hand and sitting positions, but I'm only dry firing. I'm wishing I had ordered two.

From the top view, the Stocky's version seems to have a similar internal structure to a typical plastic stock. How does the CF work into things?

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
From the top view, the Stocky's version seems to have a similar internal structure to a typical plastic stock. How does the CF work into things?
I'm not sure I understand the question, so forgive me if my answer is off.

Plastic stocks are a hollow plastic shell (in the case of a tikka it is a fiber reenforced plastic).

A fiber and resin shell (in this case carbon fiber, which is lighter and stiffer than fiberglass) will create a stiffer shell with less flex for its weight when compared to plastic. In the case of the Rokstok the fill material of the for-end is also structural, so the barrel channel can be milled out without compromising integrity. This likely adds weight, but makes the stock stiffer. The butt is just filled with foam, and relies on the shell alone for structure. So, unlike the hollow for-end of the factory stock, the for-end of the Rokstok is similar to wood in that it is a solid material.

Some fiber based stocks rely on the barrel channel being molded in (Kimber Montana is one example), in this case the fill is a non-structural foam and if you open up the barrel channel you will compromise the stocks structure.

Got the first range trip in with mine, I’m a fan so far! Really like the grip. [ETA: I’ve long been a fan of thicker grips that fill my hand, like seekins’, didn’t understand the desire for something so thin but I get it more now]. Was ready to go buy another and then saw the new note about 150 day lead time. Made me think about the s2h episode where they were ragging on stock manufacturers having such long lead times :D.

I’m waiting on my 223 tikka to get back from the smith and then can do more back and forth rokstok vs bravo and figure out if I want to offload both of my bravos or not.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Got the first range trip in with mine, I’m a fan so far! Really like the grip. Was ready to go buy another and then saw the new note about 150 day lead time. Made me think about the s2h episode where they were ragging on stock manufacturers having such long lead times :D.

I’m waiting on my 223 tikka to get back from the smith and then can do more back and forth rokstok vs bravo and figure out if I want to offload both of my bravos or not.
Already being up to a 5 month lead time is pretty discouraging. Went to order two more for my wife’s gun and my .243 and saw that it was November eta at this point.

Glad I ordered two when I did. Should have ordered four.

I’ll still probably order them and be patient. Rokstocks are worth it and Stockys VG2 works great for the interim. I will say, you miss the Rokstock when you go back to rifles that don’t have it.

Anybody know what date orders are getting filled at this point? I had to re-order to make a change on 12/22 which now I regret..

Braaap

WKR
Anybody know what date orders are getting filled at this point? I had to re-order to make a change on 12/22 which now I regret..
I ordered 12/21 and called them 7-10 days ago and they said my order was getting close.

Overwire

FNG
Got out and shot the RokStoks for the first time today. Brought 3 rifles.

Tikka .223 lite, RokStok, SWFA 3-9, UM low rings
Tikka 6.5PRC proof prefit, RokStok, NF ATAC-R 4-16x42, MT rail APA low rings (9lbs)
Tikka 6.5CM superlite, wildcat stock, SWFA 3-9, SM rings (7lb)

All rifles are bare muzzle. Can't have suppressors here and I don't like breaks on rifles I actually hunt with.

So my first 10rd group with the .223, Black Hills 77TMK went 2.16". Shooting prone with molinator front rest and squishy rear bag. This lot of ammo is typically in the .9s for me and has never printed a 10rd group over 1.1". I can't recall this rifle ever shooting over 1.4" for 10rds with any ammo from a supported prone or bench position. Also shot some 75gr Hornady black (typically 1" for 10rds) and some 77TMK hand loads (typically 1.2") from prone and a bench. Nothing better than 1.8". Unfortunately I did not bring a factory stock with me to swap out and see if groups go back to normal. Got some things to figure out here.

The 6.5CM and 6.5PRC have identical felt recoil and recoil characteristics in factory stocks (the wildcat is a replica of the factory geometry), so I was interested to compare. Unfortunately I left my hand loads for the PRC on the bench at home in my haste to leave so only had about 14rds of factory hornady 147 match ammo.

I would say the recoil characteristics still feel pretty similar between the two rifles. Any difference is subtle. My sight picture tends to move left off target pretty bad during recoil and I feel like I've struggled with this a little worse my last couple times out. The recoil still causes the rifle to go left using the RokStok. Pretty much the same as the 6.5CM in the wildcat. Muzzle rise is pretty much non existent with the RokStok off a bag but I also get very little muzzle rise with the CM off a bag. Off a bipod I will get a little muzzle rise with the factory stocks and the RokStok seemed perhaps slightly better off bipod. The 6.5PRC seemed to group normally so no issue there.

I need to work on my technique to solve the sight picture moving left under recoil. I tried a few things but didn't have much ammo to play around with on the 6.5s. The .223 doesn't have enough recoil to cause an issue. Only thing that eliminates the left shift is shooting left handed (in which case the sight picture moves right a bit but better overall).

Other observations on the RokStok are that the grip feels very nice and places the trigger finger 90 degrees to the trigger. With the pad of my thumb resting on the center of the tang the rest of my thumb doesn't contact the stock until the meaty base which feels a little odd. I actually feel that the factory stock feels a little more natural to align my thumb with the bore axis.

I havn't shot a parallel toe before. I had no issue making elevation adjustments at the range with the butt craddled between my thumb and index finger and my other three fingers squeezing the rear bag. There is definatelly a reduction in total elevation adjustment that can be rapidly achieved compared to sliding a bag on a sloped toe and there will probably be some situations where it will cost some time to make an elevation adjustment due to needing to adjust front rest or change rear rest but for the most part I can make pretty large adjustments quickly with the RokStok.

The arca/pic front rail does hang up a bit on a front bag. It isn't blended to the shape of the fore end particulary well. It's nothing major but is noticable.

The scallop near the butt does tend to interact with my rear support hand depending on how I have the rear bag positioned so the contact isnt always on the parrallel portion of the toe. I didn't notice this affecting the shooting in any way though it migh have contributed to a couple shots that recoiled down a mil or so.

Overall I do really like the way the RokStok feels in all shooting positions. It is very easy to get behind. I don't really notice much difference in recoil behavior. I need to figure out what is going on with the .223 grouping.

Grundy53

WKR
Already being up to a 5 month lead time is pretty discouraging. Went to order two more for my wife’s gun and my .243 and saw that it was November eta at this point.

Glad I ordered two when I did. Should have ordered four.

I’ll still probably order them and be patient. Rokstocks are worth it and Stockys VG2 works great for the interim. I will say, you miss the Rokstock when you go back to rifles that don’t have it.
Yeah, wish I would have ordered more than one. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Bummer if lead times are up to 5 months. I just checked the site and couldn’t find any lead times at all.

Bummer if lead times are up to 5 months. I just checked the site and couldn’t find any lead times at all.
says 150 on the general rokstock page with all the inlets.

also for those waiting on spacers UM said spacers are currently in production and should be shipping in a few weeks.

Last edited: