Rokstok review thread

khuber84

WKR
Buddy just ordered a rokstok this last week, I'm placing an order for a McMillan mountain tracker LR(similar ergos to the Rok) will see what stock lands on who's door first! I have received my Tikka Rok order placed on day one, still waiting on rem700sa Rok ordered day two. Haven't gotten to shoot my Tikka Rok yet but it feels pretty good. I'd prefered a 13" LOP, but that wasn't an option. The McMillan is gonna be 13".

NDGuy

WKR
Can someone explain what needs to be done with these once it arrives? Do I need to take to a gunsmith to install and fit everything?

khuber84

WKR
Can someone explain what needs to be done with these once it arrives? Do I need to take to a gunsmith to install and fit everything?
Not unless you desire it to be bedded. I just pulled my barreled action out of old stock, dropped it into new one, torqued action screws to 55"/#. I need to get an actual alloy bottom metal, hate how spongy the plastic one feels when torquing down.

lak2004

WKR
You may have to some minor, and i mean minor, sanding for things to fit.

NDGuy

WKR
Not unless you desire it to be bedded. I just pulled my barreled action out of old stock, dropped it into new one, torqued action screws to 55"/#. I need to get an actual alloy bottom metal, hate how spongy the plastic one feels when torquing down.
But if I have a tikka I shouldn’t need to bed?

Sadler

WKR
Went to the range to fire form some brass and decided to swap out my NX8 in medium UM rings with the swfa 3-9 in sports match lows. I got to say, shooting it with the low rings feels a better to me with how I sit behind the rifle. I just got the new maven as well so I’ll be swapping this scope out with that one, do a drop test, and then take it to Idaho in October. IMG_7706.jpegIMG_7705.jpeg

Elite

WKR
I know this forum seems to favour the rokstock. But I want to place a order for a stock soon and wondering if the 150+ days wait time is worth it for the rokstock vs a stockys VG for the tikka? Only negative I seem to find with the VG is the trigger reach is long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I know this forum seems to favour the rokstock. But I want to place a order for a stock soon and wondering if the 150+ days wait time is worth it for the rokstock vs a stockys VG for the tikka? Only negative I seem to find with the VG is the trigger reach is long

I’d get your Rokstock order in, and then use a VG to get you by for the next 5 months. With the Rokslide Stockys discount you’ll be able to sell it for what you bought it for when your rokstock arrives.

The VG is an excellent lightweight hunting stock, probably my favorite Tikka stock outside of the Rokstock.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Keep
Went to the range to fire form some brass and decided to swap out my NX8 in medium UM rings with the swfa 3-9 in sports match lows. I got to say, shooting it with the low rings feels a better to me with how I sit behind the rifle. I just got the new maven as well so I’ll be swapping this scope out with that one, do a drop test, and then take it to Idaho in October. View attachment 720442View attachment 720443
Sweet! Keep us posted on how Idaho goes.

ElPollo

WKR

The benefits for the RokStok are the the angles of the comb, toe and forend help reduce muzzle rise during recoil, the grip is a better design to reduce torque on the gun, and it’s easier to mount a rail that is less likely to snag on stuff. The benefits of the VG Hunter are that the stock is lighter weight, less expensive, and shorter wait times. I own a VG hunter and really like it, but I added material to the front of the grip on mine because of the long trigger reach.

Elite

WKR
The benefits for the RokStok are the the angles of the comb, toe and forend help reduce muzzle rise during recoil, the grip is a better design to reduce torque on the gun, and it’s easier to mount a rail that is less likely to snag on stuff. The benefits of the VG Hunter are that the stock is lighter weight, less expensive, and shorter wait times. I own a VG hunter and really like it, but I added material to the front of the grip on mine because of the long trigger reach.

Thanks, What did you add for material?

Elite

WKR

Also do you know what the LOP spacer system is that they offer? How much weight does it add?

ElPollo

WKR