Rokslide Classifieds Access

cb2176

FNG
I too like to read a lot. I don't post a bunch but visit daily.

So, because one does not post lots they should be prohibited from the classifieds unless they drop $50?

One thing I could see be a benefit is to require a higher post count, or more engaging posts vs just generic replies.
Higher post counts for FNGs? Some FNGs maybe starting out in hunting and don't have much experience to add. Who determines which posts are engaging? This is subjective what may be boring to one member may be interesting to another. Increasing costs is not the way to go. Like I said some of these FNGs maybe young and starting to hunt. They don't have experience and or funds why discourage them by penalizing them? Just my two cents. I still remember starting out 30 years ago poor and not coming from a hunting family or community. I wish I could have found a dial in hunting bulletin board for information.

ThorM465

WKR
Classified Approved
I too like to read a lot. I don't post a bunch but visit daily.

So, because one does not post lots they should be prohibited from the classifieds unless they drop $50?
Yes, why are you otherwise entitled to access?

CAH2873

FNG
Yep. I am on my 10th reply. Trying to gain access to the Classifieds. Have a bow I need to sell.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Higher post counts for FNGs? Some FNGs maybe starting out in hunting and don't have much experience to add. Who determines which posts are engaging? This is subjective what may be boring to one member may be interesting to another. Increasing costs is not the way to go. Like I said some of these FNGs maybe young and starting to hunt. They don't have experience and or funds why discourage them by penalizing them? Just my two cents. I still remember starting out 30 years ago poor and not coming from a hunting family or community. I wish I could have found a dial in hunting bulletin board for information.
Well just playing devils advocate here, but if they truly are NEW to the game like you say, one would think they would have plenty of questions to ask if they are just getting started? an engaging post could be just that, someone asking "What caliber for mule deer?" "What ammo for elk?" etc. "What is a quality firearm to buy?" "How do i scout for elk?" "What are these rubs on a tree and what do they mean?"

I could see someone brand new to hunting actually being MORE engaging on the forum than someone with 30 years experience in a way if you look at it like this.