Rokslide approved 1” scopes?

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I understand long range scopes typically start with 30mm tubes BUT if a guy was looking for a trim 1” tube reliable scope, where would he look?

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
The Trijicon Credo 3-9 has been tested (if my memory is correct). I would be willing to try any 1 inch scope from Trijicon, though I would personally drop it and see if it held. Given that they are cheaper, the cost to test yourself is lower.

Maven RS.2 2-10x38 looks nice. At $550, if it was offered in mil/mil I would give one a try, as it is MOA (and most 1 inch scopes in the US probably will be), I've held off. Again, that is on the understanding that I would drop it myself, I don't think that scope has been tested.

I think your odds of a reliable scope are better with Trijicon than with Maven.

Rob5589

WKR
The Credo (mostly) passed the drop test. You can read the review for yourself. I have one and have had no issues. I do not dial that gun but it does track correctly and return to zero.

Just buy a Leupold 3.5-10 or 4.5-14 or 4-12 and ignore most of the negative nellies here. I, along with many others here have zero issues with them right along with 10 million other hunters around the world that use them. I have lots of them mounted on high dollar rifles and handguns....so affordability isnt an issue for me. Seems Leupolds sell here on the classifieds as often and as quickly as any of those "premium" scopes do and ain't no buyers complaining about the ones they bought. Use the "grain of salt" methodology when it comes to trashing Leupolds.....it applies here.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
The Trijicon Credo 3-9 has been tested (if my memory is correct). I would be willing to try any 1 inch scope from Trijicon, though I would personally drop it and see if it held. Given that they are cheaper, the cost to test yourself is lower.

Maven RS.2 2-10x38 looks nice. At $550, if it was offered in mil/mil I would give one a try, as it is MOA (and most 1 inch scopes in the US probably will be), I've held off. Again, that is on the understanding that I would drop it myself, I don't think that scope has been tested.

I think your odds of a reliable scope are better with Trijicon than with Maven.

That Maven has a wire reticle, not that should matter, but it is one more point of possible failure for me.

I have the Huron from when EuroOptic put it on sale. Haven't even taken it out of the shipping box to play with or gander at. It was a impulse purchase.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
That Maven has a wire reticle, not that should matter, but it is one more point of possible failure for me.

I have the Huron from when EuroOptic put it on sale. Haven't even taken it out of the shipping box to play with or gander at. It was a impulse purchase.
Good to know on the Maven, as it is MOA, I stopped looking into it pretty quick.

Macintosh

WKR
I pulled a leupold vx3 off my wifes rifle that would not track or hold zero. Replaced it with a trijicon credo 3-9. The trijicon so far has been more solid, and I would choose 10/10 over the leupy, just be aware that you’ll prabably have to cut off the throw lever on a 90-degree bolt throw rifle.

kcormack

WKR
Where, Optics World in the UK

What, Schmidt-Bender Classic 6x42 and get a 3.2 mil turret installed for elevation.

They do not always have them but from time to time are available.

OP
Steve O

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Just buy a Leupold 3.5-10 or 4.5-14 or 4-12 and ignore most of the negative nellies here. I, along with many others here have zero issues with them right along with 10 million other hunters around the world that use them. I have lots of them mounted on high dollar rifles and handguns....so affordability isnt an issue for me. Seems Leupolds sell here on the classifieds as often and as quickly as any of those "premium" scopes do and ain't no buyers complaining about the ones they bought. Use the "grain of salt" methodology when it comes to trashing Leupolds.....it applies here.

Yes I have literally a gross of Leupolds and have never had an issue. BUT, if I ever feel I’ll be using the rifle for anything past PBR then I order the B&C reticle and verify with my load.

Looking for options that will take ANY doubt out of my mind.

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Swaro Z5 might fit the bill if you don’t want a Leupold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Bater what about the Huron from Trijicon?
We need some testing on those. I bought two of them, one for wife and one for a chopped 6.5 CM that's extremely accurate. Wife's has only been sighted in but my CM i pulled a Leupold off of it and replaced it with the Huron and sighted in and shot a bit. Next range trip it was hitting 8" straight down at 100 yards, perfectly middle sideways though. I readjusted and shot lights out but haven't been back to the range since. Hoping it's a fluke.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
burris ff 3-9 and swfa 2.5-10 did pretty well in the drop testing here. Im personally happy with a sub 1lb scope that can handle that.

I'd blindly trust any Trijicon 1" tube to be as good or better at this point.

Verdict is out on if any stay zeroed riding around the truck for extended periods. Not sure if formidilosus intends to finish those 1" tube evals(?)