Roe Deer Hunting in Italy: info, please

Following up on JMasson's post...
I have done a little research, and found out that Roe Buck can be hunted in Italy from June-September.
This would be the time that I could be there.
I am wondering if anyone of you all has ever done it and could share your info.
Thank you!

Last edited:

seww

WKR
I know of roe deer from back home in Sweden.
Tiny little deer, like a Labrador :) But still delicious.

Most people sit in stands to hunt, not sure what the laws are in Italy on feeding them and trailcams. Shotguns works on them.
Not much else I can add, as I rarely hunted them back home, lived so far North they barely survived. And they brought ticks with them so... Screw them.

I know of roe deer from back home in Sweden.
Tiny little deer, like a Labrador :) But still delicious.

..........Shotguns works on them.
if it's the size of a Labrador I'd venture to say you could kill it with a 22lr.. and since it's Europe you could probably get a suppressor while you're there and shoot 2 since animals don't run after the first shot when using a suppressor

seww

WKR
if it's the size of a Labrador I'd venture to say you could kill it with a 22lr.. and since it's Europe you could probably get a suppressor while you're there and shoot 2 since animals don't run after the first shot when using a suppressor
I think that in Sweden a 22lr is too small for roe deer and illegal. I also believe suppressors on 22's are illegal but perfectly legal in Finland.
But yes, you could definitely kill them with a 22lr I bet.

I think that in Sweden a 22lr is too small for roe deer and illegal. I also believe suppressors on 22's are illegal but perfectly legal in Finland.
But yes, you could definitely kill them with a 22lr I bet.
Perhaps a 22 magnum then

I think a 223 would be overkill honestly. Hell I had a friend that killed a coyote with a wrist rocket and steel ball

seww

WKR
Perhaps a 22 magnum then

I think a 223 would be overkill honestly. Hell I had a friend that killed a coyote with a wrist rocket and steel ball
I mean, you can kill them with it, but that's not to say it's legal. I have no idea what the rules are in Italy, but even a 22 magnum would be illegal in Sweden. A .222 would be ok.