Robot vacuums

Moose63Pa

FNG
We have had robot vacuums for about 5 years now. Both of them being Roombas. They get used almost every day. Girlfriend is a neat freak. The first one made it about 3.5 years before we started having little issues with it. Most things can be fixed via Youtube. The second one is still going strong. The dust bins seem to fill up quickly on the older ones. The new one we have has a tower that it docks at with a system to unload the dust bin. Makes it nice not having to remember to empty the dust bin daily.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
We have a Shark robot vacuum. Had it a few years and going strong. We recently got her mom one and it self empties. It’s pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
My girlfriend got one and that is what finally convinced me to get one a year ago, I put Sally (yes I named it) to work Mon-Fri at 8am and the house has never felt so constantly clean. I had a hard time making time to consistently vacuum prior and now I’ll never be without. Well worth the cost if you live a busy life yet want a clean home.

Stock up on bags for the tower and your good to go. I also enjoy the app and seeing the cleaning area.

DanimalW

WKR
Work great for keeping up with pet fur. They miss some stuff like food crumbs under toe kicks of cabinets, but overall, I’m a fan.

Laramie

WKR
If you are going to do it, get the self emptying model. Anything else isn't worth owning imo.

CCooper

WKR
Does it freak dogs out?
Our dogs don't seem to mind , they just avoid them. We have 2 and run them during the week while we are at work. As other have posted they are great at maintenance but we still do a deep clean on the weekends. The wife and I were recently joking we wouldn't be with out them as they keep the hose really nice during the week. I will say the majority of use is on hardwood, carpet in the bedrooms and area rugs they just seem to do meh.

We use one. It keeps the labs hair gathered up daily. Makes a big difference. We still do general cleaning but it makes it much easier.

Roomba or something like that its called.

mwebs

WKR
Need one that is “smart” with mapping otherwise it’s useless IMO. We have one and it does our wood and carpet twice a week. Keeps lab hair at bay but you will still need to do a better cleaning every once and a while. Can tell it to do certain rooms, turn on from the app, etc.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
best money spent in our household. we love ours. You have to give it a name though. ours is typically on a weekly schedule and we know every Wednesday, pick your crap up because Wall-E is going to clean the house.

PS we do not have pets.