Robby Denning the quiet mule deer hunting machine!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I am getting pics together for our photo page. I asked Robby If he could send me some pictures. He sent me a link to his scouting site. Now I am not a mule deer guy, but man those are impressive.... Now I have talked to Robby for the last year and a half and seen his two live hunts from last year but I had no idea how mule deer sick he really is:) So I though you guys might like the link.

http://wescout4u.com/welcome-to-we-scout-for-you/about-us/robby-denning/

Juan_ID

WKR
I remember looking at those some time ago too, robby sure knows his muleys! Congrats to him on many years of hard earned success!

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I found that page when the site first started, I started picking Robby's brain almost immediately. He has put up with my pms and emails. For that i am very grateful.

Battle

Lil-Rokslider
If I had to come up with an under-recognized, under-acknowledged mule deer hunter, it would be Robby Denning. But, maybe he wants it that way. Taking that many quality mule deer doesn’t happen by accident; great hunter no doubt.

7mag.

WKR
I knew Robby was a big mule deer killing machine, but I didn't know he has been one for 20 years.

PhillyB

WKR
I like his site and the testimonials. I have read both of his stories in David Long's book. Great bucks and a great example for an aspiring backcountry bowhunter.

He seems like a stand up guy. A good face for the true sport of hunting.
He even provided some negative testimonials from guys. I posted them below for a laugh.
The one about the elk in a hell hole is my favorite.

…and a few dissatisfied hunters:

“We didn’t see any big bucks on that Willow Creek ranch, so how ’bout a reimbursement?” – Ed, Oregon, 2008.
(Well, Ed, even on private land with little hunting pressure, big bucks are hard to find. I’m sorry you weren’t successful- and as the agreement says, there are no refunds. Oh yea, we killed two good bucks after you left.)

“We found those elk you scouted. What a hell hole! If I would’ve shot one down there, I would’ve had to eat him on the spot.” – Jimmy, Texas, 2004.
(Oh well, we send ‘em where the elk are, not where they’d like them to be.)

“There’s no way you can tell how big a mule deer is from the air. I’ve tried it and couldn’t do it. Send my money back.” – Rob, Idaho, 2007.

(I guess he hasn’t spent the time in the air that we have. Besides, the value in aerial scouting is in finding the habitat that likely holds the target species, not just ”spotting” an individual animal.)