Rip TKO arrows

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using golf club epoxy on inserts for a long time......I figure if golf club heads stay on with that kind of force it's good enough for inserts. I always use a bore brush before installing, but I use 91% alcohol to clean instead of acetone. I don't have loose insert issues......ever. That's probably why I don't have end of arrow issues either.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Guess I'm in the minority, but after shooting RIP TKOs for 3 seasons I'm going back to Easton AXIS Match Grade with the Iron Will HIT System with collar. No adhesion issues and all American made!

The Easton Sonic 6.0mm is a solid choice too if you are looking for a lower gpi shaft.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
Guess I'm in the minority, but after shooting RIP TKOs for 3 seasons I'm going back to Easton AXIS Match Grade with the Iron Will HIT System with collar. No adhesion issues and all American made!

The Easton Sonic 6.0mm is a solid choice too if you are looking for a lower gpi shaft.

NC

I shot them for a few years and am going back to Pro Comps with glue in components. I think the RIP TKO is a hard arrow to beat but I just like to tinker and love the way 4mm arrows shoot. The only issues I've had was lack of hardware with D6 and now that people are offering glue in stuff I think they are hard to beat.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I shot them for a few years and am going back to Pro Comps with glue in components. I think the RIP TKO is a hard arrow to beat but I just like to tinker and love the way 4mm arrows shoot. The only issues I've had was lack of hardware with D6 and now that people are offering glue in stuff I think they are hard to beat.
They are a great gpi, but no matter how I prepped the shaft I could not get the HIT inserts to stick long term and with hard impacts. I used several different glues/epoxies and my prep is meticulous. I'm done with Victory arrows for now.

NC

I’ve had great luck so far with good prep, bore brush inside, clean well w/ 90% alc and Bob Smith Industry’s slow set epoxy. I think any quality 24 hr epoxy does well. You need to keep the room at 70+ degrees for curing as well.

codym

WKR

NC

I think this is exactly what I’m going to build this year

OP
G

gabenzeke

WKR
Figured I would follow up. I ended up ordering rip tkos from Adams precision archery. 250 spine with ethics archery inserts and collars. TAW will end up at 499 grains. Can't wait to get them.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Talk to him about how he's bonding those inserts, I bought a couple dozen Adam's archery rip tko + iron will hits second hand and the inserts twisted right out on all but 1 of them.

I originally went the RIP TKOs but switched to the Sirius Gemini and their half jacket components. Similar FOC and size. Felt like they were one of the strongest component designs and comparable with the Iron Will but less expensive. Haven’t had any adhesion problems using their epoxy either and have yet to break an arrow.

nubraskan

FNG
I've pretty much switched entirely to RIP TKO's, and other than price I've had no complaints at all. I haven't had any adhesion issues when using AAE max impact for inserts or AAE max bond for fletchings (although I've switched to wraps as of the past year, no issues there either). That being said, I don't use the stock inserts so I have no experience with them. I've been running the 30 gr Podium TI half outs

I really don’t understand what the issue is with people and inserts with these arrows. I’ve built at least 4 dozen of them and never had an insert pull out using the Easton hit insert epoxy and the Day 6 epoxy.

Here is what I do so that if you are having issues please compare: 1)square arrow end and make sure nocks are removed
2) Run bronze brush down arrow shaft to rough up inside ever so slightly where insert will go
3) Soak q tip in acetone and clean inside of arrow shaft
4) Set shaft to side to dry
5) Do entire batch like that then run a dry q tip in the inside of the shaft to remove any other particulates swapping to a clean q tip about every 3 or 4 shafts
6) Mix two part insert epoxy per instructions
7) Install hit inserts per instructions with 2 part epoxy
8) Lay shafts on horizontal surface and leave them alone for 24 hours

I don’t use hot melt, super glue or anything other than the 2 part insert epoxy for the insert installation. Are you guys that are having issues using something else as a glue?

following that exact process, i had 90% of the inserts pull out.

enhanced process:
2. put bore brush in a battery drill, aggressively score the inside of the shaft
5. use 2 q tips per shaft, ensure q tip is completely clean on withdrawal before moving on
6. mix golf club high impact shafting epoxy
7a. degrease the inserts with acetone

Weird, I wonder what the difference is. I totally believe your experience. I wonder if relative humidity of your location would affect it? It’s very low humidity where I live now.

JK47

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a dozen RIP SS a couple weeks ago. Went with Iron Will 50 grain HIT’s with 25 grain collar.

I haven’t had issues so far…knock on wood. But I did basically what you guys did, score, clean(I used alcohol), air out, clean swabs till they stayed clean. Then used AAE Max Impact insert epoxy.

Guess more shots/time will tell. These arrows are really impressive, though. Grouping great.