Rinella DDD - Depublicize, Deglorify, Demonetize

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
His latest mule deer video was interesting. Cameramen who didn't seem to want to be there and shooting a tiny buck while talking about dreams for shooting a large mule deer someday.

Holy cats. With his resources and support staff it shouldn't be any problem at all to shoot a large buck. It all just felt a little whiny.
I would say one of the main points of the show is that first and foremost he is a meateater and killing for meat not antler, however just like many hunters he too would like to harvest a real trophy racked Muley.

He does have the resources to hunt anywhere, but tries to do most of his hunts, like Randy Newman, on public lands that we, the general public, could potentially access depending on where and draw odds, etc.

I think it speaks more to his overall goal of the show that he doesn't have a 180" muley under his belt, bc someone running an empire such as his could easily pay 8k for a access to a ranch with hogs walking around all day, but thats not the point of the show.

They seem like solid brothers, who share a common thread. I’m sure a conversation has already been had.
Too much web time will suck out your soul, IMO.

But if there is money on the table....
Agreed. I'm sure they've been having these conversations for awhile now - I don't listen to meateater often but do think Steve has mentioned his brother's disdain for Steve's publicizing of hunting. But some of the comments he had in the videos on the DDD FB page seemed to directly target guys making videos for money (e.g. Meateater).

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy the podcasts far more than I do the show, actually learn a ton about different programs, and its always good to hear directly from big names in the hunting world, as well as the different biologists and subject matter experts they have come on regularly.

Will_m

WKR
The duck dynasty era of waterfowl hunting was a sight to behold. It was like a biblical plague had shown up and was clad in underarmour.
I don’t think the western hunting craze will get near that level.
It's been my observation that the duck craze is still going on, at least on the public grounds I frequent. They can't wait to string up some green on instagram and tell everybody where they got 'em. Don't forget the face paint and lanyards with a house note full of calls!

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
In what way am I not correctly comprehending the text? Nice weak-ass retort.
That must be embarrassing.

This was posted by Matt. Steve's brother. They disagree on the topic overall. In no way is Steve trying to shut the door behind him. Although he isn't afraid to broach the subject. Many times Steve has brought up the fact that he's not sure if the hunting industry is a net gain or loss. Its a very interesting conversation. Matt like Steve is another very deep thinker. If you get a chance to hear him talk you should listen it might open peoples minds. Even if you don't necessarily want to hear what he has to say.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I would say one of the main points of the show is that first and foremost he is a meateater and killing for meat not antler, however just like many hunters he too would like to harvest a real trophy racked Muley.

He does have the resources to hunt anywhere, but tries to do most of his hunts, like Randy Newman, on public lands that we, the general public, could potentially access depending on where and draw odds, etc.

I think it speaks more to his overall goal of the show that he doesn't have a 180" muley under his belt, bc someone running an empire such as his could easily pay 8k for a access to a ranch with hogs walking around all day, but thats not the point of the show.
He's got a buck that went like 220.

Spoonbill

WKR
It's been my observation that the duck craze is still going on, at least on the public grounds I frequent. They can't wait to string up some green on instagram and tell everybody where they got 'em. Don't forget the face paint and lanyards with a house note full of calls!
I wonder how many people that paint their face understand the practicality of it versus treating it like a makeup contest. Also I have been guilty of posting my spoonie limits, gotta let these new hunters know what the best eating bird is.

Will_m

WKR
I wonder how many people that paint their face understand the practicality of it versus treating it like a makeup contest. Also I have been guilty of posting my spoonie limits, gotta let these new hunters know what the best eating bird is.
Considering their paint jobs look like Indian war paint with glowing amounts of skin left uncovered, I would say that their last intent is concealment. But you gotta look cool for the 'gram, bro.

Will_m

WKR
There is a duck hunting craze never noticed up here must have been to busy killing birds.
I think its primarily limited to the lower end of the Mississippi flyway. Google "duck hunting boat race Arkansas" and you will be amazed.

KurtR

WKR
I think its primarily limited to the lower end of the Mississippi flyway. Google "duck hunting boat race Arkansas" and you will be amazed.
Ya i have seen that before i dont understand the huge draw of timber hunting any way. Give me a corn field and a couple hundred mallards bombing in any day. As i have gotten older water hunting has gotten way less appealing .

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
He's got a buck that went like 220.
Maybe, I don't have enough info to dispute that.

The biggest one I have seen him kill on his show was the one he shot in "hanging Gardens" Wyoming this season, and that wasn't anywhere near 200.

I still stand by if antler size was the point he would be shooting something like that every show, cause you can literally pay for access like that.

You have a reference? I am interested.

Fatcamp

WKR
Maybe, I don't have enough info to dispute that.

The biggest one I have seen him kill on his show was the one he shot in "hanging Gardens" Wyoming this season, and that wasn't anywhere near 200.

I still stand by if antler size was the point he would be shooting something like that every show, cause you can literally pay for access like that.

You have a reference? I am interested.
He shot a nice deer in Idaho with Ryan. Nowhere near 200, though. Who knows, maybe he is talking generally about always wanting to kill a large buck.

Either way, his camera guys seemed in a hurry to leave and wanted him to kill any deer so they could do so.

Billinsd

WKR
Anyone remember Jeff Foiles and his videos Fallin Skys? I do own a bunch of his duck calls, because I could get them to sound better than any other, and still have them.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
His latest mule deer video was interesting. Cameramen who didn't seem to want to be there and shooting a tiny buck while talking about dreams for shooting a large mule deer someday.

Holy cats. With his resources and support staff it shouldn't be any problem at all to shoot a large buck. It all just felt a little whiny.

Got to keep up the “common man” facade going to keep the common man flowing the cash into the empire.

No way I'm reading through all the comments, so not sure if this has been said already, but Steve Rinella has said SEVERAL times on his podcast that his brother, Matt, is outspoken about not being a huge fan of what Steve does for a living and more people being in the woods than years past. Steve also has said many a times that the relationship with his two brother's is outstanding and just recently had Matt's wife on the podcast.

This is not something that came out of nowhere, although it is ironic/coincidental that Matt's brother is one of the most influential hunters on planet Earth.