Rifle Choices

What’s my next (arguably) unnecessary purchase?

• Rokstok

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Rechamber to 6mm creedmoor

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Carbon copy .223 trainer

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
Trying to decide what I want to tinker with next. I have a tikka 6.5 cm stainless that’s chopped and threaded with a dead air nomad ti, RS1.2 going on it this week. What should I do next?

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
What’s your pleasure? None of the above could be as beneficial as any.

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
Ahh cmon, I’m working on paying off a truck first and foremost. It’s the only debt I have. Saving a little on the side for fun stuff.

I could realistically do one now and another in a few months. Most likely .223 then rokstok. But then I’d need a rokstok for the .223 to really make it purposeful.

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
What’s your pleasure? None of the above could be as beneficial as any.
Hunting, fishing, golf, and whiskey for the most part. Shooting proficiency for hunting is a current obsession and something I’m dedicating more time to than ever before. I might not reach 1000 rounds this year but I should hit 700+.

Sadler

WKR
Carbon copy 223 with two rokstocks! Tomorrow my 223 and 6 creed will be identical once I put in the new maven scope. I’d order at least one stock now if you want it by hunting season and then everything else when you pay off your truck.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting, fishing, golf, and whiskey for the most part. Shooting proficiency for hunting is a current obsession and something I’m dedicating more time to than ever before. I might not reach 1000 rounds this year but I should hit 700+.

Pay off your truck and golf and buy a decent Whiskey.

Dedicate yourself to 700+ proficiency with the 6.5.

Waiting for the 7mm PRC comments lol. Also drink all your whiskey and then move to bourbon. Angel’s Envy is a good place to start

I voted 223 trainer, but of course the correct answer is all of the above. Just brought home a new 223 yesterday and am getting started on the rattle can paint job after free floating it last night. Still waiting to pounce on another RS1.2
I’m retired and have no debt, so I’m just converting my kid’s inheritance to hard assets. The boys are cool with it, my daughter …meh
IMG_4681.jpeg

OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
I voted 223 trainer, but of course the correct answer is all of the above. Just brought home a new 223 yesterday and am getting started on the rattle can paint job after free floating it last night. Still waiting to pounce on another RS1.2
I’m retired and have no debt, so I’m just converting my kid’s inheritance to hard assets. The boys are cool with it, my daughter …meh
View attachment 726188
All 3 will happen at some point, it's just the decision on what to start with first that I've been going back and forth on. Should have bought the .223 a month ago when I found a $715 deal on one...