Rifle Carry on Kuiu Packs??

I recently picked up a new rifle and I want to try a different way to carry it on my pack. I'd like it to be fairly quickly accessible but secure enough to move around the mountains without one hand on my sling. I have a Kuiu pack. I've looked at their Kuiu sling hook and quick draw gun holder, as well as the FHF rifle sling and pack attachment.

What else have you guys tried? Thanks for the help.

10ringer

WKR
Kifaru gun bearer 100% !! You’ll thank me later.
Order the universal one and it will work on any pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonT

Lil-Rokslider
Not to highjack your thread but anyone tried these? Curious if they work well if you wanted quick access to your gun.

Sling Saddle - Universal Combo with Pack Adapter, by Creed Outdoor Products, Carry Your Rifle Hands Free, Easily Hooks to Your Rifle Sling and Holds Your Gun securely to Your Body. https://a.co/d/brd8ExM

SlingHook Universal Sling Clip for Backpack Shoulder Straps, fits Any Pack, fits Any Sling, Hands Free Hiking, Simple Fast Installation, Doubles as Tactical Sling Support https://a.co/d/8k6IY9P

joelski

FNG
I've got the FHF sling and am really pleased with it. It took a decent amount of playing around with it to find the right fit, attachment points, etc. but after that I haven't had any issues. Overall it's pretty stable, I don't feel like I need to have my hand on the sling when I'm hiking. The only con for me is that it is not very easy to get strapped back into the sling when your pack is on your back, I generally will need to take off my pack or have a buddy clip it in for me.

Haven't used the Kuiu sling so can't speak to that one at all.

7mm-08

WKR
I'm with KingGus on this one. Stone Glacier has my vote as the most friendly system for me. The are slick on virtually all pack frames.

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
I've been happy with the creative outdoors sling on my pro pack.

Kifaru gun bearer 100% !! You’ll thank me later.
Order the universal one and it will work on any pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you use it on a Kuiu pack?

I recently picked up a new rifle and I want to try a different way to carry it on my pack. I'd like it to be fairly quickly accessible but secure enough to move around the mountains without one hand on my sling. I have a Kuiu pack. I've looked at their Kuiu sling hook and quick draw gun holder, as well as the FHF rifle sling and pack attachment.

What else have you guys tried? Thanks for the help.
I have the rifle sling, love it. The upper attachment doesn't work (at least haven't figured out how to attach it to a Kuiu pack.

The Kifaru Gun Bearer is problematic, at best. At worst, it's worthless. In the extreme stuff that I do, as far as hunting goes, the Gun Bearer doesn't work. I definitely don't use that contraption. Clients aren't big fans of it, either.

The Kifaru Gun Bearer is problematic, at best. At worst, it's worthless. In the extreme stuff that I do, as far as hunting goes, the Gun Bearer doesn't work. I definitely don't use that contraption. Clients aren't big fans of it, either.
Thanks for the input. What do you recommend? I'm a super newbie. I have a Kuiu pack, well 2. Hunting in CO. west of Trinidad. Thanks.

roymunson

WKR
I have battled this as well. a regular sling always slides off my shoulder when I've got a pack on and I don't like putting it across my chest. I think I'm just going to zip it into my KUIU 7800 side pocket and call it a day.

I do have a lower hanging sling for the butt of the gun that I can attach. Hoping that keeps the barrel a little lower than my head

intunegp

WKR
Been using the Kuiu quick draw gun holder the past two seasons (on my Kuiu pack) and I love it. Out of the way while you're hiking and easy to access at all times.

Been using the Kuiu quick draw gun holder the past two seasons (on my Kuiu pack) and I love it. Out of the way while you're hiking and easy to access at all times.
care to show a picture of your setup? I have the same system on my Kuiu pack, and I’m generally not enamored with it, but I wonder if there’s a different way you have it set up.

Keith5579

FNG
Does anyone use a Sherman pocket to carry your rifle? Quick access is probably not a possibility though if that's your criteria.