Revolt XL vs Atlas

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any thoughts on the Revolt XL vs Atlas? This is for big guys only 31.5" or bigger because there are better bows for shorter draws. Obviously I've checked all the posted documentation and reviews online. I've shot the atlas already and am waiting for the Revolt XL to come in stock at my local dealer. Is there anything long term that people can provide input on? For example, does Bowtech have better resell value than Mathews? Other way around? Same? I'm planning on keeping this for 5 years or so. Or is there long term issues with Bowtechs FLX-guard. Or do the yokes fall apart on the mathews because they are crappy plastic. I understand the Revolt Xl is brand new but it's basically using all old parts.

For reference, I'm not interested in the hoyt highline because it has two modules and I'd be screwed by being on the low end of the larger one.

Also a question generically. I've watched cam lean videos on the Revolt X and Mathews v3 and each mentioned moving the cam from one side to the other but what happens if you move the cam right for example but this throws the string completely out of line with the middle of the bow? Is there another way to adjust cam lean on these bows like yoke tuning?

cured_ham

WKR
The yokes on the Atlas are the same as all the Matthews bows. I am not aware of anyone every having issues with those.

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
I can't speak for the Revolt as I've never had it in my hand but I haven't had any issues with my Atlas. It's a man size bow for sure but seems to be forgiving and I have no reason to change. I didn't have to tune much at all out of the box.

i just shot the revolt xl up to most of the top flagship bows yesterday. i have a 30.5 draw. it shot amazing just has a really skinny grip so you would have to get it wrapped to make it feel good in the hand.

OP
W

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I asked my local bow tech about cam lean on each option. He said the following features prevent cam lean. I'm not sure if I buy it but it seems reasonable. The bowtech Revolt XL has the flex guard which reduces torque enough to have minimal lean. The Mathews has the yoke system which supposedly shifts slightly as needed to reduce torque and lean. The Hoyt had something to do with the cams but I don't remember exactly. All of the bows can shift the cams right or left to help reduce anything left over.

I ended up going with the Atlas because it's the only one which had the perfect string angle for me. Otherwise I would have picked the bowtech. I can deal with the extra hand shock and vibe of that guy but would require a nose button due to the lower string angle. The hoyt really killed me by having the cam mods split at 32". If I was 33-34" it might make more sense.