mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
any pics of the inside? Thanks!
also the grid fleece panel is 9" wide, not 6"

tpbHcKU.jpg

josef

FNG
Was about to say it looks like my Atom LT. That jacket is my most used jacket ever. Its incredible how versatile it is.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely extremely similar to the Atom LT which is probably the most active layer I've ever read about and also own. But would also agree with the above poster about the ambient series....this piece has now took over all my grid fleece in regards to the hoody. The jacket I'm still on the fence as I do have a few pieces that are overlapped but keeping due to durability issues with my ambient pieces

Can't wait for the review and all the new releases from SG. (206 pant is amazing. If you have a pair of Lululemon ABC pants these are the exact same feel and stretch)

moximouse

Lil-Rokslider
I love the atom-LT and I also love my cirque.

Do you think the cirque and cirque-lite would be stackable in very cold conditions, or would it get too bulky? I currently enjoy pairing the Patagonia nano-air hybrid as my active layer…

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really depends on how the Cirque is cut; I don't own one so impossible for me to say.

I had an Atom LT and would put it firmly in the synthetic puffy category; worked great stationary, less so on the move. My Atom was cut decently roomy and if my memory serves me correctly, I think it would fit over the Cirque Lite w/o too much trouble.

If the Cirque is cut similarly, then a good chance it would work as well.

moximouse

Lil-Rokslider
How what is the insulation weight, if you’re aware? I think the cirque is 133g/m. I’m hoping this is closer to a windbreaker than an insulation layer.

moximouse

Lil-Rokslider
What I really would like is a “de havilland lite” jacket similar to their pants.

I have a hill people gear wind cheater and am disappointed with the construction (issues with seams) and even more disappointed in the customer service response (apparently unraveling seams is “normal” on a $250 coat).

I would love to see a similar product from SG. Not sure the cirque lite is quite it.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Cirque Lite is 60 g/m- half the insulation of the Cirque, definitely should be better suited to on the move vs the Cirque

prm

WKR
If they chose to copy the Atom LT, they at least chose a great product to copy. A thin baselayer, then a 240 Peleton, with an Atom Lt covers a tremendous range.

Blandry

WKR
I have my finger on the trigger for the cirque lite but also have a sitka kelvin aerolite. I'm guessing these are very similar pieces of gear.

Blandry

WKR
I'd love to see the thumb hole fleece hand hole/liners in these new mid layers offerings.. just kind of fyi

from another review.. not mine:

Working with Under Armour, I had a lot of input in this piece. They came to me asking what was missing in the kit. I wanted something light, warm, and functional for the mid-to-late season, something that did not sacrifice flexibility and breathability while hiking but has a lot of warmth retention while stopped or glassing. This product hits the mark.

One feature that makes this hoodie a home run for me is the cuff with the built-in thumb hole. It is comfortable and helps trap heat. It also pairs well with gloves when it’s cold but keeps hands warmer in the constant stop-and-go of western hunting without the use of gloves. The thumb holes also aid in maintaining a great, functional fit when used as a base layer under or over another garment. I am partial to it because I was the one that recommended that added feature, but I believe it makes the piece that much better.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I have my finger on the trigger for the cirque lite but also have a sitka kelvin aerolite. I'm guessing these are very similar pieces of gear.
Yeah I'd say close. Face fabric is different (to me) - the cirque stuff is 15d Pertex and the Sitka stuff is a 20d coated poly. In use, the Cirque fabric is more breathable and less wind resistant, although it does pretty decent. I obviously don't have the new one just released but it has to be more breathable given the fleece side panels. The aerolite has more insulation weight in it as well I believe - Sitka used to do the fleece side panels on the kelvin light to call it "active" until they went full send on the newer active insulation packages.

Blandry

WKR
Yeah I threw it in my cart just to see what it would cost with shipping.. SG doesn't really discount anything and I understand that but can't spend $250 on a mid layer at least until we get some feedback on it...

I have a ton of SG gear, 0 chilkoot and 2p tent but can't justify this mid layer until I hear more about it. Sounds exactly like the sitka kelvin line, which I'm sure they'd love to have due to that midlayer line being a huge seller.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member

Similar, but different

Both use synthetic insulation, but the Cirque Lite is designed to be more of an active piece, the Aerolite more of a traditional "puffy"