Review coming on the Stone Glacier Cirque "Lite" jacket

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The guys at Rokslide have one coming my way. I'm too close to finishing the mid-layer shootout to include it, so it will be a stand alone. I plan to put it through the same amount of wear and testing as the other mid-layers, so one can easily draw their own conclusions on what might fit their hunting best.

Anyways, here's a link to the Cirque Lite- stay tuned :)

https://www.stoneglacier.com/products/cirque-lite-jacket?_pos=3&_sid=418bb478e&_ss=r

@Kurt

* I'm getting close to wrapping the testing up and am going to include the Cirque Lite along with the other jackets being tested in the mid-layer shoot out

Last edited:

sr80

WKR
I knew i saw what i thought was a lite version of their cirque in some pics. Can you share what the liner is like? Or any details on the jacket?

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I knew i saw what i thought was a lite version of their cirque in some pics. Can you share what the liner is like? Or any details on the jacket?

The jacket has a nylon inner and outer. From the armpit to the waist there is a ~ 6" 9" strip of grid fleece. Insulated with 60 grams of Primaloft. Weight (size Large) is 14 oz.

Last edited:

SMOKYMTN

WKR
They’re releasing a Grumman Lite too. It was in their Instagram story. It shows a guy wearing a solid dark green Grumman. I messaged them about it and they said it’s the new Grumman Lite to be released at the beginning of the year.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I just got an email they recently released a new pant too; appears they aren't resting on their laurels :D

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
any pics?

one :)

576LI59.jpg

MT_Wyatt

WKR
The Lite does not.
I struggle with the collar on the Cirque being tight, although I love the coverage they build into their hoods - it is like a tighter version of what FL does.....looks like similar setup on the "lite" version - have you had any issues with it? I think it works well zipped down to your chest or with hood totally on - in-between is where I struggle with their collar fit on that piece.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The collar comes up higher than most of the other jackets I've tested, it's a little tight, but not bad. The higher collar was welcomed yesterday- 15 degrees w/ ~ 10 mph wind :D

It's the only mid layer I've tested so far that has an adjustable hood- a hood cinch on the rear. That is definitely a feature that I appreciate.

slowelk

WKR
It's the only mid layer I've tested so far that has an adjustable hood- a hood cinch on the rear. That is definitely a feature that I appreciate.

With this comment, are you throwing this jacket in the same category as the Sitka Ambient for example?

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
With this comment, are you throwing this jacket in the same category as the Sitka Ambient for example?

I'm going to treat it as a active layer; I think SG's idea was that it's a bit of a crossover piece- part active layer, part insulating (puffy) layer- we'll see :)

I love stone glacier, but after using the kelvin active and now ambient hoody the rest of the companies (KUIU, Firstlite, and SG) will be left behind with regards to active insulation. In my option unless you remove the inside lining it just doesn’t breath that well.
Polartec and Primaloft have similar active insulations. Either come up with your own or use one of these as this type of insulation is true technical performance. I feel this is rhe biggest breakthrough in clothing in awhile.