Reusing Vanes

Cwlauger

FNG
Anyone ever tried reusing vanes?

I had a batch of vanes that didn’t stick at all. Like falling off with very little effort (I wasn’t using a primer pen with AAE MAX stealth vanes).

Many of them came off with almost no visible glue or residue on the vane.

Would it be a waste to clean them and try and reuse any of them??

I might try it out, just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
i dont see why you couldnt reuse them. ive stuck them on when theyre half ripped off. but from what i understand the max vanes absolutely require the primer pen, heck even the hybrids i have dont stick very well without a primer and theyre not supposed to require it

OP
Cwlauger

Cwlauger

FNG
i dont see why you couldnt reuse them. ive stuck them on when theyre half ripped off. but from what i understand the max vanes absolutely require the primer pen, heck even the hybrids i have dont stick very well without a primer and theyre not supposed to require it
Yes. The primer pen is absolutely necessary in my opinion. Thats why I’m contemplating reusing the old vanes. They were literally peeling off my wraps. They don’t seem to have any glue on them at all. Got the primer pen and now they are good to go. I think I’ll try a couple arrows with the reused vanes and see how it goes! I’ve got a pile of them.