Reticle Questions...

Question about the TMOA reticles. Is everyone using the regular TMOA or the TMOA Plus? How much range can one expect with the TMOA on a 300 rum? I am interested in hitting steel to 800+

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Which optic are you looking at using and how much elevation does it have? Now, factor in the reticule for more hold over ability and if you need you can always purchase a sloped base to get even more elevation.

But, just looking at a quick ballistics chart for a 300rum with a 180grn spitzer at 3250fps you need 9.5 moa elevation for 600 yards. The TMOA will provide you 10MOA on the reticle if I remember correctly, the rest for going out farther will require you to dial it in. I think I answered one of your questions as best I could without knowing the weight projectile and velocity you are shooting as well as the projectile. I hope this help you some.

Very Respectfully

Thank you for your response that helps a lot. I have caught wind that CDS is coming out with a 2 turn cds which would get me enough range, I am going to hold and use what I have for the time being.

bhylton

WKR
Thank you for your response that helps a lot. I have caught wind that CDS is coming out with a 2 turn cds which would get me enough range, I am going to hold and use what I have for the time being.

could you elaborate on the 2 turn cds? i have not heard of that but it sounds grea! does it still have a zero stop?

mt100gr.

WKR
I had heard rumors of a two rev zero lock vx6 as well. When shot show rolled around I specifically asked our dedicated Rokslide ambassadors to check out the Leupold booth and ask about it. Unfortunately there was no reassurance from Leupold. It may be in the works but I have my doubts now. I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere - forums, shows, gun counters, optics displays, etc.

Personally, I like the ZL scopes but one turn of those turrets only gets 18.5 (maybe 19) moa. Two revs would be great. (The way the lock mechanism is set up, it won't quite allow a full 20 moa rev)

mt100gr.

WKR
I just looked at the Leupold website custom scope builder and a two rev turret is now available for both elevation and windage!