Zeiss Conquest V4 Reticle Choices

I'm about to order a Conquest V4 4-16X50 and I'm a little indecisive between two reticles. This will go on an AR 6mm ARC hunting rifle that will see plenty of long distance (1K yards) range time as well.

1) ZMOA-1 #93 reticle is a rather basic crosshair with 1 MOA hash marks on the horizontal and vertical stadia. I think this will be the least intrusive on FOV. I'm not crazy how the entire crosshair illuminates. I'd prefer just the center portion. Honestly, I rarely use illumination hunting anyways.

2) ZBi #68 reticle is a Christmas tree, but I really like that the center cross is the only part that illuminate and the cross would seem to lend itself to precise aiming.

Anyone with experience with the two reticles above?

I have the 4-16x50 with the #68 reticle on a 6.5 creed. I like it a lot. Tracks great, didn't lose zero on a 7mag in 2 years and traveling two ways in luggage to CO, great glass, and its a solid minimalist xmas tree reticle. Like you said, the center illumination is way better than the entire reticle lighting up. My only gripe is that the eye relief is a little long at 4x so it can feel cramped on a smaller stock.

OP
General RE LEE
I really like the #68. I've got the 4-16x50 with the # 68 on two guns and have zero complaints.

Scope came in today and I got it mounted. It’s certainly a finer reticle but I like the marks. I’m going to use the Zeiss app and do hold overs in the field at 8x. Hash marks values will be doubled of course but that’s ok. I shoot a lot so I’ve got several months till next season to really get comfortable with the reticle. Lots of potential.

OP
General RE LEE
I’m a big fan of this #68 reticle. Hitting steel out to 600 yards in the wind yesterday and didn’t dial one time. Used the Zeiss ballistic app and did hold overs. I like the versatility of having the option to dial or do hold overs.

IMG_9327.png

IMG_9328.png

Honyock

WKR
The Zeiss app is really good on the ballistics and showing you the yardage on the hash marks. I had the same question as redneckbmxer24, are you hunting golfers?

OP
General RE LEE
The Zeiss app is really good on the ballistics and showing you the yardage on the hash marks. I had the same question as redneckbmxer24, are you hunting golfers?

Out my kitchen. 28 degrees outside no one on course.

OP
General RE LEE

The app is accurate. I did enter good data on my velocity and the bore to scope measurement.

I live on a golf course. Also, I have more than one vehicle since you think I only own an Odyssey. You gonna troll me here too? Do you come with an instruction manual?

I just think it’s weird that a guy will take pics flipping the camera off while driving his Honda odyssey but the through the scope pics are on a dining room table and not even at a range.