Repost to Elk Thread: Tikka 6.5cm with ELD-X question

I just drew a bull elk tag. I currently have an old 7mm mag that I've killed cow elk with but it's a cinder block on my back. Last year I picked up a Tikka 6.5cm and it's a dream to carry and I'm very comfortable shooting it.
It loves to eat 143 grain ELD-X bullets.

Question: from y'alls experience, what is the max affective range with this factory round? 350+? 500 max?

Thanks for the help, and not trying to open a can of worms....

If it's factory precision hunter ammo and guessing around 2600 FPS MV, at sea levle that puts you at around 600 yards to hit 1800 FPS and further with typical ID hunting density altitudes. Further than anyone who has to ask should be shooting at animals.

h2so4

WKR
grab a garmin chrono for ease. they work great and are no fuss to setup and use. I took a cow elk with 143gr eldx (only ~125 yards) and it did not move more than 50 yards.

Me and my buddies shot 7 bulls with the 6.5 CM with the143 ELDX bullet. Keep it in the ribs going into the elk and it's not going far if anywhere. One of the bulls I shot last year scored 363. My max range is 600 yards in perfect conditions. I practice to 800 yards.

OP
CjMelendrez
Me and my buddies shot 7 bulls with the 6.5 CM with the143 ELDX bullet. Keep it in the ribs going into the elk and it's not going far if anywhere. One of the bulls I shot last year scored 363. My max range is 600 yards in perfect conditions. I practice to 800 yards.

are you using factory loads or hand loading to keep getting that performance?