Replacement for Gene Ingram?

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Gene Ingram Lite Hunter which I dearly love but wish I had got it in S30V instead of D2. With Gene being retired, what is the recommendation for a knife with the same ergos but S30V or better steel?

John

I have a pile of knives from Gene, and like my lite hunter that he made. I would check out kestrel knives. Can't remember the model off the top of my head but its similar and in s35. It's a hair larger overall, but nice nonetheless. I dare say I prefer it to the lite hunter. Genes "slim" is my all time favorite knife. It's worth a look, good luck!

7mm-08

WKR
I'd suggest you send a PM to NDguy. He's way into Ingrams (and lots of other high-end knives).

Scorpion

WKR
Charlie May.

I believe he may have apprenticed under Gene, but could be wrong. He makes a lot of similar style knives.

I currently have four Ingrams, wish I wouldn’t have sold a couple others. Unbelievable knives for the money. It’s amazing what he can get out of S30V steel.

OP
H

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
When I ordered my Holt Collier Special, I ordered two identical additional ones for Christmas gifts for my son and son-in-law. Couldn’t post that here ‘til now, lest they find out prior to Christmas. Now that they have them, here’s the pics. Extremely pleased with how they turned out. Super classy, functional knives.

Charles May Knives
Holt Collier Specials
S35v
Antique Micarta
Mosaic pins

John

IMG-7948.jpg

IMG-7949.jpg

IMG-7950.jpg