Repairing holes in Seek Cimmaron Light

NILowe

FNG
Looking for ideas on patching some small holes in the cimmaron I recently bought. Holes are about the size of a q-tip. Going to email SO as well but any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Gear Aid tenacious tape over gear aid seamgrip (I believe the sil).

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

OP
NILowe

NILowe

FNG
Just curious what seek had to say.

Haven’t emailed them yet. Wanna take some pictures first and haven’t been home. I’ll let you know when I find out though

If it were me, I would patch both inside and outside. This is basically the fix stone glacier recommends on their rain gear.

The original cimarron and light weight are nylon per their website. You will need the seam grip wp by gear aid.

Just wanted to double check on whether it is made from nylon or poly materials. Most manufacturers are switching to poly as it retains less water. I should have looked into it originally. Sorry

Last edited:
OP
NILowe

NILowe

FNG
If it were me, I would patch both inside and outside. This is basically the fix stone glacier recommends on their rain gear.

The original cimarron and light weight are nylon per their website. You will need the seam grip wp by gear aid.

Just wanted to double check on whether it is made from nylon or poly materials. Most manufacturers are switching to poly as it retains less water. I should have looked into it originally. Sorry

Just heard back from SO and they recommend seam sealer or tenacious tape for small holes and just tenacious tape for the larger hole. He also mentioned they do in house repairs for pretty cheap. I might just go that route

thanks for the info!

SwampChicken

FNG
Classified Approved
Good to know that they do in house repairs, I have a few new holes in my Redcliff that I need to fix. Might just go that route as well. Did they gibe a ball park amount of what the repairs will cost?

Poser

WKR
My Cimarron has dozens of holes from embers. I use tenacious tape and have never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
NILowe

NILowe

FNG
Good to know that they do in house repairs, I have a few new holes in my Redcliff that I need to fix. Might just go that route as well. Did they gibe a ball park amount of what the repairs will cost?
I actually decided to do the repair myself with tenacious tape but he said the price was “reasonable”. After some more research sounds like the tape is the way to go

OP
NILowe

NILowe

FNG
My Cimarron has dozens of holes from embers. I use tenacious tape and have never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what I’m going to do just wanted to hear some input on it first

I made my own tent and made a seam mistake. A small portion got sewn where it should have been. I caught it early but there were about a dozen holes from the needle. I just used Seamgrip for it. It prevented rain from getting in during my trip with a lot of rain. I was going to use tenacious tape inside but never used it.

Firehawk

WKR
Unless you have the Dyneema ultralight Cimarron, it will be a SilNylon material. I tried to use regular tenacious tape and it just didn't stick right. I realized quickly and took it off. Then I went to REI and bought some Tenacious Tape made specifically for SilNylon. That stuff stuck quickly and worked really well.

OP
NILowe

NILowe

FNG
Unless you have the Dyneema ultralight Cimarron, it will be a SilNylon material. I tried to use regular tenacious tape and it just didn't stick right. I realized quickly and took it off. Then I went to REI and bought some Tenacious Tape made specifically for SilNylon. That stuff stuck quickly and worked really well.
Thanks that’s what’s i ended up getting.